I dont wanna be a whale anymore :)

R-3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok - putting the "hack" aside that was pointed out on vBulletin's site. We can change the titles (RANK) to what ever we want (e.g. instead of Whale, we can call it Sea Cow -- hahaha doesn't help the comment made earlier in the post). However, it is based on the number of posts regardless. With this it will not matter if you are a PNWMAS member or not -- in other words your rank title is based on number of posts whether you are a paid member or not (I will double check this to make sure this comment is correct, but I believe it is). To change this is easy, I just need a new list.

Now, to change the Ranks based on whether you are a paid member, or not, I am not sure if it possible even with the hack. I will have to research further.

I am leary of applying mods/hacks/alterations to the forum for items like this as they are not really a necessity. Don't get me wrong, because I understand and know what you are saying. I just have to look at the functionality of the site first and ask myself, what will the affect of adding a mod to the site be? Will it be a problem everytime we upgrade? If yes, what is the benefit of such a mod? You get the point.

This site is about the members, contributors and sponsors and I want to do what ever it takes to make as many people happy as possible, but I also have to look at the site being up and funtional making people happier than rank titles.

Thanks Rob.

I really dont want a new set of names but just the flexibility to choose our own if we want. I know TRT has done this for years (through many upgrades), do you want me to contact then and see how they do it??

Thanks Rob.

I really dont want a new set of names but just the flexibility to choose our own if we want.

You are a whale and always will be!!! Just what kind do you want to be??? Maybe I'll take SPERM WHALE no no KILLER WHALE YEA BABY THAT'S ME(laugh)

Thank you' date=' and I will be getting on that today I think..[/quote']

snowpunk... I tried to send you a PM this morning. Your storage box is full and cannot receive any further messages. You need to either store messages as files, or delete some of those messages!(whistle)