which tank to use? AP24 or solana 34G

jason7504

ok well i took the rock out to get rid of that aipista and i found more little ones, i dont know if they have been on there or if they spawned from the aipistas that were on there but i burned them and scraped them off..but i isolated the rock in a bucket of saltwater until i can get rid of them...i got some lime and am going to try that kalk paste..

my temp wont go above 79 even with my lights on for 6 hrs and the glass top on...but its usually around 77 in the morning when I first turn the lights on and then goes up to about 78.5 by the end of the day..im going to get a bigger heater than my 75 to try to help stablize the temp..but what is considered an acceptable temp fluctuation?

well i found 2 more aiptasia's on another rock so my attempt at trying to isolate the rock with the aiptasias failed..so I put the rock back in after picking off some small aiptasias that i found on it again..i guess i will just have to live with them and im going to get 2 peppermint shrimp when my tank cycles and i hope they will take care of them..what do you guys think?

You'll get lots of answers on this. Your range seems fine to me. Some people only allow 1-2 degrees of fluctuation, others allow much more. I allow several degrees without too much worry. Most corals will be fine from the low/mid-70's up to about 81-82. Above that, and they might start cooking.

Nature reef temps can easily fluctuate a few degrees every day, and several degrees over the course of the year.

HTH

You'll get lots of answers on this. Your range seems fine to me. Some people only allow 1-2 degrees of fluctuation, others allow much more. I allow several degrees without too much worry. Most corals will be fine from the low/mid-70's up to about 81-82. Above that, and they might start cooking.

Nature reef temps can easily fluctuate a few degrees every day, and several degrees over the course of the year.

HTH

well now that i got a 150W heater to replace my 75..its getting hotter with the light and glass top..its like 83 with the light..but its only set for 78..

Either remove part of the glass top and run a fan across the surface of the tank. Or if you have a sump, (can't remember), run the fan across that. You will evaporate more water but that will also cause cooling. And a bonus is that you can add kalk to your top-off if you don't already. And if you do this will allow more kalk water into the system.