Ecoflow Experience?

Krux

EcoFlow is running some very good sales the next two days.  Prices are good enough that I am considering going this route instead of installing a Generac.

There are options for a smart panel, auto transfer switch, etc.

If anyone has installed one of these and can share what they got and if it was sufficient before the sale ends that would be great!

Considering this as one possibility.  It doesn't have the power reserve to hand a multi day outage, but it can be expanded, I believe will work with their smart panel, and I could conceivably add solar panels (in the winter probably not so effective).

Delta Pro with Extra Battery

In a winter emergency, I will probably need to power 1500 watts of heaters, another 200-300 watts of circulation, a fridge, and the blower for a gas furnace.  Most of our outages are 24 hours or less, but we have had week long issues.  I imagine I could get an electrician to set me up to allow us to use our 9600 watt outdoor generator to somehow power this to charge it in the event of an extended outage.

Our electrical panel is old and only 65 amps, and any major wiring with sub panels etc will require a whole new panel, so I am thinking this may be more cost effective than getting a Generac installed, with the tradeoff being run time limitations the Generac would not have.  At this price I could really stack up the batteries before I get into Generac with installation price ranges.

Thanks

Edited by Krux
  • Like 1

Generac would be the better option but when I had the install quoted I decided to pass.  Not certain what you will encounter but the generac was going to cost darn near $20k installed.  Installation was more substantially more than the unit

I had an estimate of 14-18k for the small generac so that sounds about right.  We have a relatively small house, our tank with everything running is half of our power usage.

No experience with ecoflo, but do have experience with generac, Tesla powerwalls and homegrid battery backup solutions. Out of the three Tesla is the best coupled with solar 11.7kw of battery plus the solar makes for a sweet home backup solution gives you approx 48 amps and depending on your consumption you could use this for a few days easily. 

Edited by Zach0225
  • Like 1

Thanks Zach, once we looked into the incentives last night we pulled the trigger.

We only ordered the 12kWh model, but if it works out well we plan to upgrade to 30kWh and a smart panel next year.  I need to get a contractor out to evaluate us for whatever solar we can install, we have significant tree cover and bad facings, so it might be minimal.

It also can operate as a level 2 car charger and has alternator charging capability for long road trips, so that added in some value as well.

33 minutes ago, Krux said:

Thanks Zach, once we looked into the incentives last night we pulled the trigger.

We only ordered the 12kWh model, but if it works out well we plan to upgrade to 30kWh and a smart panel next year.  I need to get a contractor out to evaluate us for whatever solar we can install, we have significant tree cover and bad facings, so it might be minimal.

It also can operate as a level 2 car charger and has alternator charging capability for long road trips, so that added in some value as well.

Which ecoflow model is it? I briefly looked but didn’t see the 12kw

• Like 1