Peninsula Against the Wall

LavenderTi

Decided to finally do a build thread here. Started with a 22.4 gallon fijicube, then to a Peninsula 500, then finally to a Cade 1500. The Cade replaced the P500 in the exact same spot, so I did a single day swap. Old tank out and new tank in, all livestock transferred over.

How it looked a few days prior to the swap:

4slWxRx.jpeg

Here's it at the end of the day:

SKTDfQr.jpeg

Definitely loving the 30" depth. Here are some closer sump pics for those interested in that stuff. I drilled the built in ATO wall with 2 bulkheads to use as a grow out / refugium area. Luckily it wasn't tempered glass.

ye9TAOe.jpeg

3BNYnzb.jpeg

gX6KpGg.jpeg

T3aFNaw.jpeg

Here's a more recent Full Tank Shot.

gmZvMUI.jpeg

Lastly waiting for a few frags to be moved from the QT tank. Frags from a battlebox,  @Lexinverts and @SE PDX Reefer . I've been digging Montis lately and here are two that the pics don't do the justice for: JF Alter Ego and WWC Dark Portal The dark portal is actually green, in the pic below it looks like a beach bum/rainbow phoenix. I'll try to resnap.

kSNQae9.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LavenderTi said:

Decided to finally do a build thread here. Started with a 22.4 gallon fijicube, then to a Peninsula 500, then finally to a Cade 1500. The Cade replaced the P500 in the exact same spot, so I did a single day swap. Old tank out and new tank in, all livestock transferred over.

How it looked a few days prior to the swap:

4slWxRx.jpeg

Here's it at the end of the day:

SKTDfQr.jpeg

Definitely loving the 30" depth. Here are some closer sump pics for those interested in that stuff. I drilled the built in ATO wall with 2 bulkheads to use as a grow out / refugium area. Luckily it wasn't tempered glass.

ye9TAOe.jpeg

3BNYnzb.jpeg

gX6KpGg.jpeg

T3aFNaw.jpeg

Here's a more recent Full Tank Shot.

gmZvMUI.jpeg

Lastly waiting for a few frags to be moved from the QT tank. Frags from a battlebox,  @Lexinverts and @SE PDX Reefer . I've been digging Montis lately and here are two that the pics don't do the justice for: JF Alter Ego and WWC Dark Portal The dark portal is actually green, in the pic below it looks like a beach bum/rainbow phoenix. I'll try to resnap.

kSNQae9.jpeg

If you are in the Apple ecosystem, I have switched to Final Cut Camera and then just take still photos out of the video, like working with a GoPro.  Way easier to set white balance and you don’t need to throw filters on.  My tank runs about 12k though so ymmv depending on what you run.

other than some brightness settings you may find you are very happy with the results and color rendition.  I will put a photo example in my thread to you.

Looking great by the way!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scott Colson said:

Looks great. Was it difficult converting from socks to the reefmat?

Thanks! It wasn’t too difficult but would be more work if the tank was running already. I removed all the baffles in the filter sock area using a few of these: https://a.co/d/eu5nr67 and some razor blades. Once the area was clean and ready to hook up the reefmat to the gate valve, there’s an adapter that’s included with the reefmat that fit right into the gate valve. That adapter fit into the union to flex hose then to the reefmat itself. Those pieces all come with the reefmat. This configuration allows me to remove  the reefmat fairly easily. I bought the reefmat second hand and it already had the flex hose and union setup that way. 

nw03n0v.jpg

Heres a better shot from before the tank was started. 
OF3eShC.jpeg

4 hours ago, Lexinverts said:

@Scott Colson Filter rollers are really nice, but aren't necessary on a new tank. They will bring your nutrients really low if your tank has lots of new live rock.

How old is your tank @LavenderTi?

All livestock was transferred with nothing new added. The previous tank was started in June 2023 with KP Aquatics maricultured rock. I’ve ran a filter roller since then. If I started with completely dry rock I’d have it run without the roller paper until I saw nutrients increasing. 

11 hours ago, LavenderTi said:

All livestock was transferred with nothing new added. The previous tank was started in June 2023 with KP Aquatics maricultured rock. I’ve ran a filter roller since then. If I started with completely dry rock I’d have it run without the roller paper until I saw nutrients increasing. 

Are you able to keep your nitrate and phosphate pretty low without using additional absorbers or dosing?