Introducing myself to the group!

Hi all!

My name's Jason and I'm a reefer of 3ish years in the St. John's/Portland OR area. I just found out about this group from a facebook forum I follow so I thought I should join! Im excited to attend some get togethers and meet up with fellow reefers in my area.

I keep a 100 gallon mixed reef, mostly LPS and softies, but also some acros, milles, , montis, hydnos, etc. Im a torch addict for sure, and Im looking for the last few corals to fill out my DT. 

Happy reefing and hope to meet some of you soon!

20240729_141137.jpg

20240729_141034.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, LavenderTi said:

Welcome Jason! We’re looking forward to seeing you at an upcoming meeting. 

Beautiful reef, I really like the clam you have! 

Thanks! And thanks for overlooking the GHA lol. I transferred to this tank like 6 months ago and Im still dealing with a resurgence of the ugly phase. Pamela the Clamela has been with me for a couple years though and she appreciates the love!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jason F. said:

Thanks! And thanks for overlooking the GHA lol. I transferred to this tank like 6 months ago and Im still dealing with a resurgence of the ugly phase. Pamela the Clamela has been with me for a couple years though and she appreciates the love!

Welcome to the group, nice looking tank.

I see the GHA, but I also see some good cleanup items (tang and urchin).   At the same time, I see a Damsel.  They've been known to protect and nurture GHA fields, by harassing's your cleanup crew to stay away.   Do you see any of those behaviors?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, obrien.david.j said:

Welcome to the group, nice looking tank.

I see the GHA, but I also see some good cleanup items (tang and urchin).   At the same time, I see a Damsel.  They've been known to protect and nurture GHA fields, by harassing's your cleanup crew to stay away.   Do you see any of those behaviors?

I havent noticed the damsel trying to chase the tangs ever, but its very small so that might be why. Thats interesting! I havent heard if that behavior before but I'll definitely keep an eye out. The GHA is pretty much gone at this point. I fluxxed it out and switched to a roller mat so I dont expect it to come back.

Looks good, welcome to the group!  If one must have GHA, seeing the natural behavior of a damsel might make it worth it, that is a cool feature they provide.

• Like 1