August Meeting at Seahorse Aquarium and Supply (8/11 1-4 pm)

Hi All,

We had an excellent turnout for the July meeting at Upscales. Let's keep this string of excellent meetings going in August with a Sunday 8/11 meeting at Seahorse Aquarium and Supply.

106 NE Russet St, Portland, OR 97211

Among other raffles and group buys we will be raffling a piece of the Jake Adams Crystal Experiment Montipora. See the picture below of the mother colony of this rare and unique Montipora.

We will have a demonstration on PAR meter use and a discussion on LED lighting. Of course, there will be Seahorses and Terry will answer questions from those of you who are curious about seahorse keeping.

Check back here for more details on group buys that Terry is setting up for us.

crystal_experiment.png

• Like 1

This is a quick iPhone photo of my Crystal Experiment colony. This coral is a bright toxic solid green with an unusual growth pattern. It will plate….then send up columns…then plate again…creating layers. This is probably my favorite of all the Jake Adams corals that I have. 

IMG_5516.jpeg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, steveweast said:

This is a quick iPhone photo of my Crystal Experiment colony. This coral is a bright toxic solid green with an unusual growth pattern. It will plate….then send up columns…then plate again…creating layers. This is probably my favorite of all the Jake Adams corals that I have. 

IMG_5516.jpeg

That's awesome! Thanks, Steve.

15 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

I'll be there.  And Overstuffing the raffle box, to beat out that @Krux dude.  :)

I welcome the challenge!

money-money-money-make-it-rain.gif

Edited by Krux
  • Like 2

On 8/3/2024 at 8:02 PM, Puck said:

Will be there. Has been a couple years since I saw the shop.

Don’t count me for food/drink, will be coming a bit late after a family lunch. TY!

Edited by Puck
  • Like 1