Ocean Pavilion Opening Announced 8/29

Krux

• 1 month later...

Just went yesterday unfortunately I was not quite as good now. I think maybe later on when the corals are more grown up. They built a new building dedicated to tropical seas. They built two new massive tanks and around 6-8 of smaller display tanks.

The bigger of the larger tank is dedicated to tropical fish. They have tangs, sand sharks, rays. The typical stuff.

The smaller of the larger tank is for corals and tidepool, I think the most impressive thing about that was their lighting. They used all LED suspended a good 30 ft in the air. But the light is strong enough to grow mangroves and LPS. Unfortunately they are all frags at the moment. And not even that many frags.

Then the display tanks, they have a couple of different types of anemones and one with non-photosynthetic corals. The sun corals and the corkscrew gorgs i think is what they are all.

Overall, I think it was cool, but the ticket price, $45 for state resident, more expensive for out of state people,made it not super worth it imo. There was no corals I never seen before. Actually Im pretty sure outside the non-photosynthetic ones, most of us have these corals in our homes.

IMG_0667.jpg

Hatchery you cant go in but u can see inside.

IMG_0666.jpgIMG_0665.jpg

Coral tide pool tank

IMG_0662.jpgIMG_0661.jpg

Non-photosynthetic tank and gorg tank

IMG_0659.jpg

clownfish haram anemone tank sorry for poor pic but it was cover in bubbles.

IMG_0658.jpg

Big fish only tank

IMG_0656.jpg

Entrance to the new building

IMG_0647.jpgIMG_0648.jpg

Their old coral display tank, the giant clam is gone 😞

IMG_0649.jpg

galaxea sweeper from hell

• Like 4

Thanks for the review.  Hopefully in a couple more months things will settle down a bit and the tank will start to thrive.  As with all tanks in my experience, you really need a good year or more for things to adjust and start really pumping out growth.

Facility looks really cool!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Krux said:

Thanks for the review.  Hopefully in a couple more months things will settle down a bit and the tank will start to thrive.  As with all tanks in my experience, you really need a good year or more for things to adjust and start really pumping out growth.

Facility looks really cool!

Yeah I think the big tank would look awesome once their LPS starts to grow right now its just a couple of cluster of heads here and there.