Tank Movers??

I've seen this topic show up in searches but nothing recent. Does anyone know of a tank moving service. I have a new CADE peninsula tank arriving soon. It is a 230 Gallon tank made of 3/4" glass. I'm guessing the tank weighs about 500 pounds. Fortunately, I don't have deal with stairs but it still a big lift and I'd like to find a company with the gear and experience to move something this size. 

1 hour ago, Scott Colson said:

I've seen this topic show up in searches but nothing recent. Does anyone know of a tank moving service. I have a new CADE peninsula tank arriving soon. It is a 230 Gallon tank made of 3/4" glass. I'm guessing the tank weighs about 500 pounds. Fortunately, I don't have deal with stairs but it still a big lift and I'd like to find a company with the gear and experience to move something this size. 

Is this in Lebanon? I doubt it. You could pay for help if it were in Portland. You might be able to round up some help in the Corvallis area from PNWMAS members.

I can help, and I probably could find a couple of other folks. Anyone in the Corvallis/Lebanon area able to help move a tank?

• Thanks 1

I suggest borrowing/renting/buying suction cups.  We had to move my tank down some stairs and that was the only way to get leverage… on a tank that size they would be a huge help just moving in a straight line.

i am on light duty currently or I would lend a hand.

• Thanks 1

You have a couple paths start taking a bunch of steroids or you just need 6-8 people and suction cups and you should make short work of it.  Harbor freight sells lift tables is by a couple of those if you wanted put one on each end and than just jack it up to stand height and have everyone carefully slide it on if possible.  May get some dolly’s too if you have a long flat distance to cover rather than carrying it the whole way.  It’s not rocket science you just need man power and basic equipment. 

Edited by reefbandit

On 7/8/2024 at 11:02 AM, Lexinverts said:

Is this in Lebanon? I doubt it. You could pay for help if it were in Portland. You might be able to round up some help in the Corvallis area from PNWMAS members.

I can help, and I probably could find a couple of other folks. Anyone in the Corvallis/Lebanon area able to help move a tank?

I will be in the area until August and would be happy to lend a hand 👍

On 7/8/2024 at 9:10 AM, Scott Colson said:

Welcome to the area Scott!!!

look forward to visiting with you more often.

Thanks everyone! So first off, the delivery has been delayed. Probably early next week to get it to the house and then perhaps the weekend of 7/27 to get it in and on the stand. 

I have 5 suction cups but I think 2 or three more would be welcome if anyone local has them available to borrow or rent.

So far I haven't found any rentable lift tables, but Harbor Freight is opening here this week...

7 minutes ago, Scott Colson said:

Thanks everyone! So first off, the delivery has been delayed. Probably early next week to get it to the house and then perhaps the weekend of 7/27 to get it in and on the stand. 

I have 5 suction cups but I think 2 or three more would be welcome if anyone local has them available to borrow or rent.

So far I haven't found any rentable lift tables, but Harbor Freight is opening here this week...

If you're able to make the meeting at Upscales in Tualatin on Saturday, we can talk about it then and ask around about borrowing suction cups.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

To close the loop on this. I hired a 4 person crew from Cal's Moving and Storage https://calsmovinghelp.com/ out of their Corvallis location.

The team showed up this morning and made pretty quick work of it. They had never done a tank move and the four 8" suction cups I had acquired based on recommendations here were instrumental to a successful outcome.

There was a moment on the lift from floor to stand where I wasn't sure they were going to make it, but they did.

I had to cover a 2-hour minimum for the team, but it was worth it. The tank is in place and no one has to get medical attention.

I'm happy to loan out the suction cups if you have a need.

PXL_20240806_173739856.jpg

Edited by Scott Colson
Typo
  • Like 4