Multibar/Purple Masked/Multicolored/Golden Angels

Abarger16

Does anyone have experience with any of these and or has one and could give some enlightenment Ive somewhat built my aquascape with the intention of a purple masked or multibar angel lots of hiding 

1 hour ago, LavenderTi said:

I have a captive bred multibar. Mine doesn't do much hiding but constantly browses the rocks picking at stuff to eat.

Literally what im looking for.

I keep seeing what is called a Tahiti orange peel angel but im not so sure they are as orange as the pictures portray. 

Did you get your multibar pre QT'd?  

How'd you get it acclimated 

I bought mine directly through Biota. They are a bio-secure operation so there was no need to QT. I used an acclimation box from PNW Custom. The fish was eating right away since I matched the food the breeder used. Pretty smooth. My only comment is that the fish from biota are small. My multibar was the size of a nickel. It’s grown to about a half dollar in since February. I’d do it again, but just be sure to have the acclimation box and a way to feed it 3-5 times per day. Mine went it to the main display after 2 months. 

• Like 2

I have a Purple Masked Angel (Venustus). It does like the heavy rock work but it is out most of the time. It did hide when I first got it but as it got used to the tank it is now out all the time. I believe they are from semi deep water which is darker and it takes them some time to adjust to brighter lighting. Mine has never picked at any corals. It gets along well with everyone including my large Queen Angel and my Majestic Angel. They are all easy keepers but they are big eaters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Totroc3 said:

I have a Purple Masked Angel (Venustus). It does like the heavy rock work but it is out most of the time. It did hide when I first got it but as it got used to the tank it is now out all the time. I believe they are from semi deep water which is darker and it takes them some time to adjust to brighter lighting. Mine has never picked at any corals. It gets along well with everyone including my large Queen Angel and my Majestic Angel. They are all easy keepers but they are big eaters.

Awesome thank you. Both of them are bucket list fish