PNWMAS Meeting Saturday July 20th at Upscales Fish and Reptiles - Raffle for Jake Adams' Immortal Tort

Hello all:

We had a fantastic meeting yesterday at the Crimson Reef, so it is time to announce our next summer meeting.

We'll be at Upscales Fish and Reptiles in Tualatin on Saturday July 20th from 1-4 pm.

19295 SW Martinazzi Ave, Tualatin, OR 97062

Upscales is known especially for their SPS, and Travis has the shop loaded with tons of named Acropora and Montipora. They also had a good selection of LPS and invertebrates last time I was there.

In keeping with an SPS theme of this meeting one of the raffles will be for a Jake Adams Coral, The Immortal Tort. This coral is is almost impossible to find. Come to the meeting for a chance to win a frag!

We'll also have a group discussion on the basics of SPS-keeping. Travis is an expert on SPS coloration, so perhaps we'll get him to share a secret or two. 😎

I'll update this thread over the next few weeks with more details on this event. You won't want to miss it!

• Like 7

Here's the frag of Jake Adams' Immortal Tort.

This coral has a nice story. See here:

https://reefbuilders.com/2021/01/15/are-reefers-ready-for-the-immortal-tort/

It's a hardy and colorful coral with bright blue tips rivaling anything in my display tank.

Many thanks to @steveweast for providing me with the mother frag this came from. Steve got his piece directly from Jake.

This coral will be one of the items that we raffle off at the Upscales meeting on July 20. Other items to be raffled off are an MP10, an RO unit, and gift certificates.

Here is the actual frag to be raffled.

PXL_20240711_165709665.MP.jpg

This piece will look different under different intensities. Under high light….it goes solid blue like an Oregon Tort. Under medium to lower light, it shows green hues like the photo that Andy posted. I have this coral in two spots in my system…..one under about 700 micro moles of Par…..and one under about 250. The higher light one shows little to no green. The lower one has streaks of green within the branches. Here is a quick photo from my phone of the higher light colony. 

IMG_5472.jpeg

Edited by steveweast
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, steveweast said:

This piece will look different under different intensities. Under high light….it goes solid blue like an Oregon Tort. Under medium to lower light, it shows green hues like the photo that Andy posted. I have this coral in two spots in my system…..one under about 700 micro moles of Par…..and one under about 250. The higher light one shows little to no green. The lower one has streaks of green within the branches. Here is a quick photo from my phone of the higher light colony. 

IMG_5472.jpeg

Looks amazing in your tank, Steve!