Slow 100 gal build

Zach0225

This has been a slow build…. Still trying to decide on multiple things ie apex or no apex…. Name brand hear vs Jabeo but this is how it sits currently .

Just built this aquascape. Waiting for the E-Marco to come in to mortar set it permanently. 

IMG_4866.jpeg

IMG_4869.jpeg

IMG_4868.jpeg

• Like 6

Looks good!  If you haven't already found out the edges of the sump are effin SHARP!  I have the smaller version and should have sanded them down before installing the sump.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LavenderTi said:

I like the tiling, nice touch. 

I’m interested to hear your thoughts on apex no apex. They definitely aren’t necessary. 

The apex is just something that would be nice to simplify testing. I currently have a 25 gallon nano and I’m awful at testing parameters. I never do and have trouble keeping sps my brain tells me with an apex it would help with automation and keeping sps. 

4 hours ago, cjmdh said:

Looks good!  If you haven't already found out the edges of the sump are effin SHARP!  I have the smaller version and should have sanded them down before installing the sump.

I haven’t found that out yet but thank you I’ll definitely fix that

Great scape, offers a ton of options for different coral. What setup are you going with for your lighting? 

Name brand hear vs Jabeo

In my personal experience, name brand nets you slightly better build/materials. For example, I tested a Simplicity DC Pump as well as a Sicce DC Pump, both performed great, but one was the clear winner in terms of loudness and hum, it also costs twice as much.

43 minutes ago, Gedxin said:

Great scape, offers a ton of options for different coral. What setup are you going with for your lighting? 

In my personal experience, name brand nets you slightly better build/materials. For example, I tested a Simplicity DC Pump as well as a Sicce DC Pump, both performed great, but one was the clear winner in terms of loudness and hum, it also costs twice as much.

I ended up ordering some Jabeo return pumps I figured worst case move it to mixing station in the garage. 

as far as lights I really likes the quanta pros but no 48” available the other options were   (2) refi uno 2.0 or possibly noopshyces k7 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zach0225 said:

I ended up ordering some Jabeo return pumps I figured worst case move it to mixing station in the garage. 

as far as lights I really likes the quanta pros but no 48” available the other options were   (2) refi uno 2.0 or possibly noopshyces k7 

for equipment. id recommend the basics aside from lighting,pumps...learn the basics before going automated. you wont need the high end equipment if its just going to be rocks,water and fish. the quanta pros are great lights,but you dont need a full tank coverage of the same par, corals adapt and some dont. so it helps to have low light areas. so that being said. the 36in bars would work as they do spread.

8 hours ago, islandVib3s said:

for equipment. id recommend the basics aside from lighting,pumps...learn the basics before going automated. you wont need the high end equipment if its just going to be rocks,water and fish. the quanta pros are great lights,but you dont need a full tank coverage of the same par, corals adapt and some dont. so it helps to have low light areas. so that being said. the 36in bars would work as they do spread.

Thank you for the information. 

On 6/17/2024 at 10:03 PM, islandVib3s said:

Do you have experience with the quanta pros? I talked with Luca and came up with a combo that should work for my tank but 1 year warranty and no returns is kind of off putting. 
 My worry is I order and don’t like the light combo and no way of changing it without ordering more lights. 

13 hours ago, Zach0225 said:

Do you have experience with the quanta pros? I talked with Luca and came up with a combo that should work for my tank but 1 year warranty and no returns is kind of off putting. 
 My worry is I order and don’t like the light combo and no way of changing it without ordering more lights. 

yes i do, i have 2 48" pro meso blues and love them...they pop! it really depends on your preference..i prefer the bluer side. i also run them with reefis so i have overkill on my 120. they are quality made and heavy duty, i broke a overflow box dropping it. but i have no complaints, the shield is glass.pm me if you have other questions.  This was before my crash for vacation.  I ran them with hydra26hds to provide the a little more white for all the sps I lost.FB_IMG_1718851371834.jpgFB_IMG_1718851393069.jpgFB_IMG_1718851401656.jpg

Rock structure added. Had a piece break off during installation, was too wide but reattached and overall I’m happy.

also discovered a small leak between overflow and main tank so I've added silicone to it and hoping it stops, next up is leak testing whole thing…. Fingers crossed 

IMG_4911.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Prodigy said:

What are you using for parameter testing?

I’m using Salifert for alk/kh and magnesium 

api for calcium

Hannah for phosphate and nitrates 

Also using a free aquarium app to input all tests and it charts it so I can see trends. 

2 hours ago, Nanojunky said:

The very bottom picture with the tang, in the photo above it there is a green sps coral, what's the name of that?

There is a green pocilipora and a green alevapora behind the tang