Order Placed! Trident NP coming

Just now, SuncrestReef said:

Are you pulling the data from the Apex, or manually entering it into Excel?  I remember towards the end of my reefing days that my Apex stopped allowing me to export the data and I never found a fix.  Just wondering how that process works these days.

:)   You're a mac guy, and said my excel sheet puller wouldn't run on your system.  So I could never pass you a copy.

Punch line, I'm pulling the data directly from Apex.  It's a little clunky.  Can only pull two days at a time (~10 seconds), and is kind of like an old tube TV, every once in a while it just acts up and you have to give it a break.

BTW, I'd love a little python script that could sit in the background and do this pull every day.  My apex only stores a little more than a months worth of data.  So If I don't pull every ~4wks, I lose data.  (like the months of April and May)

My ~Zero PO4 trend has continued.   Obviously something is wrong.   But the R2R thread seems to suggest it may actually be SW related.   So I'm pulling the trigger this morning and doing a Factory Reset, and Initialize (expecting it loses Reagent Counts)  - I have 45 left.

See this specific post: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i-received-a-new-trident-np-nitrate-phosphate-tester.1055408/page-14#post-12669162

My normally scheduled test is noon.   Let's see today what happens.

I have read a few posts where people tried to calibrate it and things only got worse.  Please report back!  So far mine is running smoothly, but you have a few more weeks on yours.  I have only been running for 7 days and it seems it is taking a little more time for folks to start having issues.  Would be nice for Neptune to provide some info.  I will run a testing battery tonight or tomorrow with other kits to see how much it has drifted since Tuesday - at that point I was within reasonable tolerances between the NP and my checkers.

There are one or two more in the club, curious what they are seeing.

Wonder if it is a reagent issue somehow...

IMG_8578.jpeg

Edited by Krux

55 minutes ago, Krux said:

Are you running the same software version as me?  I am running 31.

HW version 2, SW version 31.

image.png

1 hour ago, Krux said:

Wonder if it is a reagent issue somehow..

If my Factory Defaults and Initialize, in SW only, restores my PO4 readings... it's SW.

I too saw the notes that just Calibrating didn't help/hurt.  So I'm staying away from that.

image.png

After my next Trident NP run initiates at noon today.  I'll do a set of manual Hanna tests this afternoon too.

• Like 1

Looks like we have the same version across the board.  Do you aquabus right into an eb832 or are you using a 1-link?  I have mine going to the same eb as my OG trident.

I am going to order another set of reagents in a couple of weeks so I have them on hand and can avoid everyone buying them out when their test count runs low, for science I can order two boxes to try for the same lot code and remove a possible variable. 

I guess that begs the question - do you still have the box and know the lot code of the one you are using?  I got mine on the second wave, there is a chance we have different numbers there.  I guess only really applicable if your reset doesn't yield positive results.  Software would be a best case result I guess, easier to fix and distribute than a hardware or chemical issue.

Just spit-balling here.

Edited by Krux

23 minutes ago, Krux said:

Looks like we have the same version across the board.  Do you aquabus right into an eb832 or are you using a 1-link?  I have mine going to the same eb as my OG trident.

I am going to order another set of reagents in a couple of weeks so I have them on hand and can avoid everyone buying them out when their test count runs low, for science I can order two boxes to try for the same lot code and remove a possible variable. 

I guess that begs the question - do you still have the box and know the lot code of the one you are using?  I got mine on the second wave, there is a chance we have different numbers there.  I guess only really applicable if your reset doesn't yield positive results.  Software would be a best case result I guess, easier to fix and distribute than a hardware or chemical issue.

Just spit-balling here.

Both my Tridents are 1link'd into the same EB832, which is the primary one connected to the Apex brain.

I've already bought two more refills of regents (I remember OG trident ones running short early on, so just bought)

Where would you like to claim the Lot Code is?    Obviously, there's a lot code on the Calibration fluid.   But does that represent the whole batch?  This is all the info on the boxes.  

image.jpeg

First reading after factory reset this morning.  Punch line, first PO4 reading > 0.01 in over a week.

I believe some aspect of missing PO4 readings is TridentNP software.   I'm not going to touch it for a week, to see how this goes.   And especially, no Manually triggered tests.  (R2R has suggested this may be a source of issue)

Hanna:

• NO3 = 9.2
  • PO4 = 0.058

Trident NP:

• NO3 =9.5  <-- Continues to correlate with Hanna
  • PO4 = 0.03 <-- First reading >0.01 in over a week.   Is 0.03 vs 0.058 (hanna) margin of error.

image.png

• Like 1

Excellent news. 

I had been doing manual tests frequently until I saw the reports via your link, I am curious if I will start to see a decay in accuracy soon.  I was mostly curious if I could watch a drop in PO4 when I put in a little bit of rowa.  As it turns out sort of, but the resolution just really isn't fine enough to excite me.  My long term goal was going to be to make up sachets, set alarms for high and low range, and then chuck them in and remove them as needed, but I would need to see thousandths I think. 

1 minute ago, LavenderTi said:

Mine is within a day of being setup. I am out of 1link spots on my EB832 so I need to pick up a USB cable and go aquabus route. Then I can fire this thing up!

I may have a spare 1-link module floating around you can use temporarily if it would be helpful.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Krux said:

I may have a spare 1-link module floating around you can use temporarily if it would be helpful.

Thanks for the offer! BiMart had a usb to usb so I got it fired up last night. First test was this AM. I didn’t do hanna readings but will try to find time today/tonight for a comparison. First glance is the NP readings are higher than my Hanna readings from a week ago. Trying to avoid doing any manual tests from the posts in R2R. 

On 7/12/2024 at 11:17 AM, obrien.david.j said:

Both my Tridents are 1link'd into the same EB832, which is the primary one connected to the Apex brain.

I've already bought two more refills of regents (I remember OG trident ones running short early on, so just bought)

Where would you like to claim the Lot Code is?    Obviously, there's a lot code on the Calibration fluid.   But does that represent the whole batch?  This is all the info on the boxes.  

image.jpeg

I have the same batch

image.jpg

9 hours ago, Krux said:

New Apex OS and NP firmware just dropped.

I've found release notes for AOS, but can't seem to find them for Trident NP Firmware releases.  Have you found them?   In general, I've found waiting a week before upgrading helps stabilize the releases.

AOS notes, https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?34999-AOS-5-12_7D24-has-been-released-July-15-2024&p=203775

2 hours ago, LavenderTi said:

Another unit's performance. Saturday morning was the first test. 1x/day, no manual tests.

Hanna:  NO3: 20.5   PO4: 0.07

image.png

That's effectively how my first test ran.   And since this was a Saturday result, I assume this is Trident NP Software Revision 31 based.

BTW, since my complete factory reset, My readings have moved up from 0-0.01, to 0.02-0.03.  (vs my hanna of 0.058).   At least it's not reading zero, and not drifting down in time.  (which is the original issue signature.  Strong initial reading, drifting down to 0-0.01 after a week+)

Factory Reset pulled the readings up off the Zero baseline

image.png

• Like 1

How close was your Hannah po4 compared to your last ICI?  Is your confidence higher in that than the NP at this point?

My unit continues to show reasonable and stable readings, within 2.5 and .02 over the past week.  I unfortunately don’t have schweet graphing skillsIMG_8658.jpeg

Edited by Krux
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Krux said:

How close was your Hannah po4 compared to your last ICI?  Is your confidence higher in that than the NP at this point?

My unit continues to show reasonable and stable readings, within 2.5 and .02 over the past week.  I unfortunately don’t have schweet graphing skills

Graphs are excel, and pretty manual to update the annotations.   Extracting data from my Apex is a clunkly process, but I'm happy to have it frozen every month so I can go back later and draw graphs - when interested.    (I once used the data to measure how many times my CO2 solenoid went on/off in the previous 12 months - to judge wear out.)

Regarding accuracy, I don't need perfection.  I just react to trends.   That's why I bought the NP, so I could see things move in time.    BTW, couple of the Hanna PO4 readings on the chart were done Twice, and matched.

I went back, looks like I took three manual readings on the same day, or almost the same day.  I'm satisfied.

image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Graphs are excel, and pretty manual to update the annotations.   Extracting data from my Apex is a clunkly process, but I'm happy to have it frozen every month so I can go back later and draw graphs - when interested.    (I once used the data to measure how many times my CO2 solenoid went on/off in the previous 12 months - to judge wear out.)

I sense a future meeting topic...