LEDs lost connection to WXM...

obrien.david.j

Today, my apex WXM just decided to lose connection to my first two Radion's.  I've power cycled them, power cycled my apex system, and power cycled just their WXM box alone.

Questions @SuncrestReef ?

1. Remind me what "Update" and "Reset" do to a WXM?   I don't want to re-attach each radion from scratch. (Yes, attaching all 10 was a slow/painful process)   
  2. Other ideas?

image.png

image.png

super strange.   Radion 01 and 02 are found again, kind of sort of.

1. WXM Status still has them MISSING.  (but they're not)

image.png

2. But main ApexFusion menu shows them as Found. (not "Missing")

image.png

3. BUT...  Really weird (and hard to show in a clear screen capture) - Apex things R01 and R02 are Gen3's, not Gen4's.    So 

R01/R02 (Shown on Apex as Gen3's, but in reality they're Gen 4's - and could program them that way before)

image.png

For comparison, R03..R06 show correctly as Gen4's

image.png

Strangeness...   Will wait some time and see what happens.

Sorry I didn’t see your question until just now.  I was driving to Southern Oregon yesterday.

The difference between Update and Reset is to Update the Radion firmware, or Reset them to factory defaults. You don’t want to Reset.

I’d recommend first deleting one of the problem Radions from the list to Outputs (click the gear icon to display the Delete column). Then unplug the Radion power cord and reconnect it. Last, click Attach on the WXM.

10 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Sorry I didn’t see your question until just now.  I was driving to Southern Oregon yesterday.

The difference between Update and Reset is to Update the Radion firmware, or Reset them to factory defaults. You don’t want to Reset.

I’d recommend first deleting one of the problem Radions from the list to Outputs (click the gear icon to display the Delete column). Then unplug the Radion power cord and reconnect it. Last, click Attach on the WXM.

Thanks for the Update and Reset - Glad I didn't press either of them out of frustration.

• Last night, all the lights were found - but R01 and R02 were not recognized as Gen4's.
  • This morning (7am), same situation - and the WXM Gear screen showed them all as recognized (with Firmware rev 255.255.255).
  • And looked again just now - R01 missing, R05 missing... What the heck is going on.

I may try your Delete and Re-connect/Attach the original two tonight.  

image.png

And just to confirm...you keep the Radion power adapters powered on 100% of the time, correct?

One other thing to try is forcing an RF Update on the FMM’s chipset, since that’s the component that determines which model of Radion is connected and displays the color channels accordingly.

Yes, Radion's are powered 24x7 - except the caveat about losing power Sunday night for 1.5hrs.  But all was well Monday, with not glitches/hitches.   Problems began yesterday.

RF update on FMM's chipset...

• is that an "Update" on the WXM module
  • or a re-connect each Radion to Reeflink, re-update, and then re-connect to Apex?

There should either be a button that says RF Update, or maybe it’s in the Action dropdown on the WXM configuration screen.  I don’t have the WXM anymore so I can’t look to verify. RF Update is different than the Software Update in the dropdown which updates the FMM’s core firmware. What I’m describing is a separate update just for the RF chipset.

Invoked a "Update Software" on the WXM.

• Had to change the Frequency back to "2" (this module is not using the default freq of 1)
  • "Rev 0.0.0" now
  • R01 / R02 still Non-Gen4.  (R03..R06 are still correctly Gen4)

Feels like I may need to just delete and re-attach R01/R02 from scratch.  That's a tonight task.

image.png

image.png

image.png

After Update Software:

image.png

1 hour ago, obrien.david.j said:

Noon update - And we're back in business!

• Looks like after a Update Software action, I just need to give it time.   
  • Notice all Rev's are re-identified as 2.2.15
  • And R01 / R02 are back to being recognized as Gen4 Pro's

All is well in the universe again.

Excellent!  Yes, I probably should have mentioned to be patient after each step, because the lights can take some time before establishing the connection.

Also glad to see all of them reporting Rev 2.2.15 instead of 255.255.255.

Is there anything different about #8 since that's the only one showing Rev 2.1.15?