Green With Red Tip Tentacles Majano Anenomes

TaylorW

Taylor, no disrespect but I don't think people are being "Douche holes". I think they are being realistic. These are incredibly invasive, they have a potent sting, that will kill most corals and have very few, if any, reef safe predators. If you see one Majano there is 10 more you don't see. If an experienced reefer wants to put these in their tank than so be it but it is not right that some inexperienced reefer gets these without knowing the risks.

As for another person selling these, I have never seen it on this forum but, about 3 weeks ago I saw a Seattle LFS trying to sell them on a local reef Facebook page and Downplaying the risk. He had his sponsorship removed from the page and was kicked out of the group.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

No one said you can’t and no one said you can.  The link was for informational purposes.  I’ve seen them co-exist in tanks, I’ve also seen them wipe out expensive live stock.   

I guess we can’t have a differing opinion.  I hope people make an informed decision before adding anything they are not educated about to their tank.  The majano anemone CAN be a very bad pest.  The beginner should know these things before they blindly put them in their system.  But Hydnopora can also wipe out many expensive corals, so can urchins.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Alterego said:
No one said you can’t and no one said you can.  The link was for informational purposes.  I’ve seen them co-exist in tanks, I’ve also seen them wipe out expensive live stock.   
I guess we can’t have a differing opinion.  I hope people make an informed decision before adding anything they are not educated about to their tank.  The majano anemone CAN be a very bad pest.  The beginner should know these things before they blindly put them in their system.  But Hydnopora can also wipe out many expensive corals, so can urchins.  

I agree but as of now this post no longer exists. I almost thought of leaving this forum because of this post I never thought I'd say that.... I just don't want to deal with this anymore so it's gone. I never would have thought people would react how they did when I'm not the only one who's posted them but hey it doesn't matter anymore. I wish I could delete it but it won't let me. Anywhoo signing out for a while

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

Edited by TaylorW

Closing the thread. Nothing harsh meant by it, but majanos are not considered desirable livestock by any major wholesalers or retailers, so I don’t think selling/trading them on the forum is a good idea. Plenty of other stuff we can all trade and stay friends over. 

• Like 4