Back at it... RSR 170 to 350 to WB 190.5

Krux

Lynn is a speed demon, this was her opportunity to Gran Tourismo through Garden Home.  I am sad to report her drifting skills are not as good as they were 20 years ago.

Fortunately door to door is less than 10 minutes so we were safe at any speed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What’s Cookin?

Finally acquired a nice rock for my tank and am excited to start moving some frags off the rack.  Waiting a couple more weeks while the rock is doing its ugly thing, but here are a few pieces I have been cooking up.

IMG_8628.jpegIMG_8629.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Krux said:

What’s Cookin?

Finally acquired a nice rock for my tank and am excited to start moving some frags off the rack.  Waiting a couple more weeks while the rock is doing its ugly thing, but here are a few pieces I have been cooking up.

IMG_8628.jpegIMG_8629.jpeg

I recognize a few of those!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Parking a few here before I forget what they are.  Sorry new camera haven’t quite gotten the photos tack sharp yetIMG_8741.jpeg

JF Fantasy Island

IMG_8739.jpeg

POTO Afterburner

IMG_8744.jpeg

Ari’s Avalanche 

IMG_8745.jpeg

Peng’s Red Tip (I need Blue and Purple if anyone has those)

IMG_8749.jpeg

Reefgen Blueberry Fantasy

IMG_8753.jpeg

Vivid Confetti

IMG_8754.jpeg

POTO Redbull

IMG_8757.jpeg

I Called It Immortal Tort

IMG_8758.jpeg

Obligatory host purchase, @UPSCALES what was this again?  Like G13 or something…

A couple side views

IMG_8756.jpegIMG_8747.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Krux
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Jeff really did me dirty and ordered in a ton of Fiji that is right along my preferences.  Got three that I needed most, it is time to start cycling things out to make more room.

Thanks again @CuttleFishandCoral

IMG_8805_jpg.jpegIMG_8806_jpg.jpeg
IMG_8807_jpg.jpeg

Edited by Krux
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Grabbed a new colony today and took some updated photos, things are starting to put on good growth.  My pink spec smoothie is going strong!

IMG_9041.jpeg

IMG_9042.jpeg

IMG_9043.jpeg

IMG_9047.jpeg

Edited by Krux
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Krux said:

Here is the current project that we picked up today.  I see yellow polyps, who knows what color it will turn, currently it is pretty translucent

IMG_9068.jpeg

This is a cool piece excited to see what it turns too and will patiently wait for you to frag 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2024 at 6:07 PM, Krux said:

Here is the current project that we picked up today.  I see yellow polyps, who knows what color it will turn, currently it is pretty translucent

IMG_9068.jpeg

Is this alive?  How’s it looking?  

When does dry rock stop being ugly?

Patience is a virtue some say, hit the problem with a bottle advise others.

for anyone curious what a semi-mature tank timeline looks like to go from white dry rock, through the brown and green stages, and into that coralline stage, I present two months of maturation.  

In the white to greenish spec colony update posted above, a close eye would show that pretty solid coralline grown has occurred.  The colony is sitting on top of the reef in about 600 par and the surface below it is part of the structure I placed in the tank in mid-July.

I also have a short video I just shot while looking at a lower portion of the rock work, and one can see that the coraline is starting to grow in patches all over everything.  I will try to remember to reshoot this general area in a month or two when the coverage is more complete.

Patience or bottle?  This is nothing but normal reef parameters, nothing was added to try to accelerate the growth.  It is important to note I had at least 100lbs. of existing rock to seed this, I expect a new tank with all dry rock would take longer.

Thanks for looking, “normal parameters” for my tank below

IMG_9300.jpeg

*edit: holy cow, it is near impossible to make a video that is under 19.53mb at 1080 or 4K, can I speak to a manager about how we can increase that file size!?!?! :)

Edited by Krux
Normal Parameters defined via image

• 2 weeks later...

Random green smoothie that slept for a year before waking up in the last few weeks, hoping to get a species on it soon.  I am excited to have less green in the tank… maybe.  This fella came in from the Marshall Islands.

IMG_9410.jpeg

Awesome score on a speciosa that has been in aquaculture for several years… maybe I can keep this one alive, my luck on these straight from the ocean has been depressing and but I absolutely love the growth pattern on these.  Unending thanks to @CuttleFishandCoral for finding this baby.

IMG_9404.jpeg

Also, I have begrudgingly set up a frag tank for a future club project I have been dreaming up since Fishtoberfest.  More info hopefully coming soon.  No photos yet, empty frag tanks aren’t that exciting!

Thats all for early October, thanks for looking.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Krux said:

Random green smoothie that slept for a year before waking up in the last few weeks, hoping to get a species on it soon.  I am excited to have less green in the tank… maybe.  This fella came in from the Marshall Islands.

IMG_9410.jpeg

Awesome score on a speciosa that has been in aquaculture for several years… maybe I can keep this one alive, my luck on these straight from the ocean has been depressing and but I absolutely love the growth pattern on these.  Unending thanks to @CuttleFishandCoral for finding this baby.

IMG_9404.jpeg

Also, I have begrudgingly set up a frag tank for a future club project I have been dreaming up since Fishtoberfest.  More info hopefully coming soon.  No photos yet, empty frag tanks aren’t that exciting!

Thats all for early October, thanks for looking.

Looking good!

@LavenderTi here is an example straight out of the camera.  No orange filters, no photo editing.  Your color rendition looks great, but it may be something to play with.  I shoot in 4K 60 and then I get less lens blur with movement, but you can massively adjust the iso and shutter speed if you want to get granular.  If you try it out and find any pro tips please let me know!

IMG_9417.png