Club Meeting Topic Poll

Gil&Fin

Meeting Topics  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What topics interest you for upcoming club meetings? (Choose one or more)

• Choosing Healthy Fish
    • Aquascaping
    • Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
    • Hitchhikers and Pests
    • Inverts
    • Quarantining
    • Other (comment below)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/2018 at 04:00 PM

Not so much a topic but has the club ever done or thought about throwing an aquarium garage sale? I know a lot of us have a lots of extra stuff that would nice to get rid of. Plus score browning point with the spouse. :)

Another idea that would cool is have a panel of experts (like the ones at the Christmas party that was able to complete those advanced trivia sheets). Then allow us to ask them specific questions about our own systems. We could limit the # of questions per person on the # of folks attending.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HenryLimpet said:

Not so much a topic but has the club ever done or thought about throwing an aquarium garage sale? I know a lot of us have a lots of extra stuff that would nice to get rid of. Plus score browning point with the spouse. :)

Another idea that would cool is have a panel of experts (like the ones at the Christmas party that was able to complete those advanced trivia sheets). Then allow us to ask them specific questions about our own systems. We could limit the # of questions per person on the # of folks attending.

Thanks for the feedback, @HenryLimpet!  We actually did do a garage sale in conjunction with the summer picnic last year at Kim's house, though I don't think we pushed it too hard.  We might be able to work it in at a future meeting though.  The panel idea is good, too.  It might be interesting to see how different experts handle different problems.  You know what they say...ask 10 reefers how to do something and you'll get 12 different answers.  :joking:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

Thanks for the feedback, @HenryLimpet!  We actually did do a garage sale in conjunction with the summer picnic last year at Kim's house, though I don't think we pushed it too hard.  We might be able to work it in at a future meeting though.  The panel idea is good, too.  It might be interesting to see how different experts handle different problems.  You know what they say...ask 10 reefers how to do something and you'll get 12 different answers.  :joking:

Yeah - we tried to do the garage sale thing as part of the summer BBQ but I don't think anyone ended up bringing anything.  Seems like a good idea but didn't pan out for whatever reason (maybe advertising?)

Haha - yeah, I am pretty sure you would get a number of answers at least equal to the panel participants involved... one of the more entertaining aspects of this hobby!

• Like 1

Not so much a topic but has the club ever done or thought about throwing an aquarium garage sale? I know a lot of us have a lots of extra stuff that would nice to get rid of. Plus score browning point with the spouse. [emoji4]

I would imagine most of us would end up leaving a garage sale with the same amount of equipment/tanks... just new to us equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I have often thought of teaching people how to make acrylic tanks... while building someone a tank. But it would take 4 hours mimimum

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

More of a "workshop"...interesting idea.