SPS no growth

danlu_gt

I have some sps that have really taken off, a few that grow a little, and this one with no growth for a year. A month ago, I moved it from my rock to the sandbed and bam, got two new shoots. A Goniopora took it's old spot and is loving it.

Anyone else have corals with no growth for a long time and start growing as soon as you moved it?

6a3eed5bd4d2cd4240245e4260070849.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a forest fire monti that is 20-30x the size when I got it a year ago, and a very nice rainbow millie that has grown about a 1/2 in the same time period. Same tank. They started at the same 1" frag size too. 

Some corals do better in different tanks, different spots. 

Just how it is. Gotta find the sweet spot. I think some species also do better with different parameters and nutrient levels. I feed heavily which is probably why the monti is growing faster then the millies, even though my blue mille I got the same size as the rainbow at the same time is probably 15x the size as when I got it.

Corals are just different. 

Don't get my started on my orange lobo that went from 1 head to 2 heads over the course of 9 years 

• Like 2