Korallin C3002 Calcium Reactor help

ssappington

can't get my effluent output to stay consistent- (not the ph, or dkh, the actual liquid)

I set it to a broken stream, and within 24 hrs it's dropped to a  dribble or nothing- and the water level in the reactor has visibly dropped-

I'm running it using a 1/4 JG tee off my return line 

this model has the dual output that supposed to prevent  CO2 backing up in the reactor chamber-

I have JG ball valves in the input line, and both effluent lines-

I've tried:

slightly higher flow in, using the ball valves to have #1 out at a couple drops per second to prevent C02 buildup and using ball valve  to have #2 out at a broken stream (mfg suggested setup)

using only the ball valve input to control flow with # 1 out a a couple drips and # 2 wide open

using only the ball valve input to control flow with # 1 out closed and # 2 wide open

I have no trouble setting the C02 bubbles/sec, but have not gotten to the tunignstage yet since I can't keep the effluent output stable

I've replaced the eheim recirc pump and the C02 regulator with brand new, and new JG ball valves

could this be a simple as using a dedicated input pump to fix?

do I need JG needle valves?

getting frustrated- about ready to bag it, sell the thing and go back to a good old dosing pump-

Help?

Have you tried burping the extra air and co2 off the top

numerous times- the problem recurs within 24 hrs

I have my bubble count set at about 20/min right now- in reg pressure is around 800, out reg pressure is set at 10-20

I may try turning the CO2 completely off and see if it still happens...

Ok I think I read this correctly, you need to be limiting the flow of the effluent from the output line and not the input.

Limiting the flow via the input will prove to be very inconsistent, use a 1/4" johnny guest valve like the one pictured in the link below on the output line. You can pick them up at any home depot or ace hardware.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Guest-Quick-Connect-Shut-Off-Valve-1-4-JG-irrigation-fitting-qc-/130823287362

Ok I think I read this correctly, you need to be limiting the flow of the effluent from the output line and not the input.

Limiting the flow via the input will prove to be very inconsistent, use a 1/4" johnny guest valve like the one pictured in the link below on the output line. You can pick them up at any home depot or ace hardware.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Guest-Quick-Connect-Shut-Off-Valve-1-4-JG-irrigation-fitting-qc-/130823287362

This is what worked for me with my Koralin CA reactor.