Drains.......

The ReefBox

All good ideas!

Also a good candidate for bean animal overflow. Modified of course.  

Just need a full siphon, durso, and emergency drain.  You don't have to do it just like the pictures with the Ts and 90s, just those three types of drains.  The full siphon for example doesn't even need a t or 90 if you make it deep enough in the overflow.

Well worth a read if you haven't ran across it before.  

All good ideas!

Also a good candidate for bean animal overflow. Modified of course.  

Just need a full siphon, durso, and emergency drain.  You don't have to do it just like the pictures with the Ts and 90s, just those three types of drains.  The full siphon for example doesn't even need a t or 90 if you make it deep enough in the overflow.

Well worth a read if you haven't ran across it before.

Hey Jeremy these boxes are like 8" wide not a lot of room. Think I could still do a bean ? Only two overflows in each box

It's possible you could pull it off.  

Here is one approach to consider that isn't as bulky as the standard layout.

Put the full siphon and the emergency in one overflow.  

The full siphon should be 6" or more under the normal waterline, just a straight piece of PVC.  No Ts or 90s.  Gate valve below as usual.  The reason to run it deeper is so that it doesn't suck air as it is pointing straight up and powerful.

The emergency the same straight pvc, just higher than the water level, straight up, no fittings.

In the other overflow, put the durso with the T and 90 and air line per a typical bean animal.

The durso will just sip water and be dead quiet as it will move very little.  The full siphon will be a work horse taking lots of water.

The only real challenge is whether or not the 1" can handle the flow or not at full siphon.  It is shocking how much a full siphon can pull.  You could do two durso's I suppose if they would fit.

Well good luck in the research, I don't think there are too many overflows that beat a bean animal though for sound or safety, I am a believer.

I will do some googling and see if I can run across some good links of this modified setup. I used similar in the old 40b a few years ago.

Ah, I read through the thread.

Looks like a no go unless the overflows are tied together.  

it could work if full siphon and durso were in same overflow, but then one overflow would get stagnant.

You have three holes in each overflow, Roy/Stylaster runs dual bean animals in is 5' cube with great success, but there is more room to work.  It handles his hammerhead return with ease.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

I use dual Herbies one in each of my corner overflows. Super quiet.

This is what I did and works great I have the returns just over the back wall. It's not as clean looking but the loudes part of my tank it the fan on the led light so I don't even care that I can see some pvc.