Same Zoa Colony, Same H2O, Different Lights

TheClark

Its true!  If you haven't heard, lights make a big difference.

I was stunned at this difference as it made some CARS look closer to Bowsers.  If you can trust it (don't believe everything on the internet ;-))

16742750624_3a34c844ba_o_d.jpg

Both from same colony, plumbed into same sump.  

Zoas on left LED (no idea which ones), zoas on right T5s (no idea what bulbs)

Read more here:

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/additive-for-color-in-zoas.203153/page-2

• Like 1

I'm going to speculate here and say first assumption is the Lime peak on the T5's.  Not good for growth but it does kick the yellows/orange FP's.  Ask what bulb layout he's running, would be curious to see if the bulbs have the lime parasitic peak (most do)...

Interesting!  Ya, I should ask.  The whole thread is worth reading too, people commenting on zoa colors including PZ getting in on the thread.

I do believe it but nice to have side to side comparison like this. I have always thought bowsers were a morph of candy apple reds which is why I have never considered paying the high price for a Bowser. I remember when we did the group buy growout with them Jesses under higher light turned an orange color. The krakaroas to me are just a maul that morphed because of lighting conditions. Thanks for posting this I have always found this topic of how lights can change coloration fascinating.

I do believe it but nice to have side to side comparison like this. I have always thought bowsers were a morph of candy apple reds which is why I have never considered paying the high price for a Bowser. I remember when we did the group buy growout with them Jesses under higher light turned an orange color. The krakaroas to me are just a maul that morphed because of lighting conditions. Thanks for posting this I have always found this topic of how lights can change coloration fascinating.

It sure is interesting!  The CARs seem so morph prone, I also shy away from high end ones too wondering if it is just lights.  

Although Softy and MrBret did a group buy on some Bowsers and I guess they look pretty awesome, cannot wait to get mine and see if they stay awesome.

In my opinion, the Krakatoa definitely is a different maul, like a red spackle, but hey that is a different discussion ;)  

Fun stuff!

I have noticed that our CARs really brighten up under lower light vs the brighter.  none of our tanks are 'bright', however we have a few colonies under different lighting intensity.  The lower light CARs are brighter!

BTW the bowsers.....  way brighter and have a different color hue to them.  Once i have some time i will take some pics of everything side by side.

I have noticed that our CARs really brighten up under lower light vs the brighter.  none of our tanks are 'bright', however we have a few colonies under different lighting intensity.  The lower light CARs are brighter!

BTW the bowsers.....  way brighter and have a different color hue to them.  Once i have some time i will take some pics of everything side by side.

Cannot wait to see those!

Ha ha! I was thinking of you the whole time I was commenting on the Bowsers Adam! :) I have seen the side by side comparisons. I see the difference it is just very subtle. Just like I think the Scarface and untouchables are the same zoa just a different morph! :)