Site Bugs and Glitches

pledosophy

What happened to the home page the listed all the recent posts?  Now I only see 3 or 4 instead of the entire list.....is the change permanent?

For now until I can get the hompage done, if you go to the view new content tab, you can filter it with several options, including 'those that I have not read".

It is not as good as the homepage option, but it should get you where you want to go for now.

Is there any chance that threads started will show who published them one again? Going to someone's page and using the "find threads posted" or " find latest posts" was really helpful to me in the past. The way it seems now ,I see all these threads but no idea who they are.

Oh. And page #s in a thread would be cool once again.

Just suggestions. Thanks.

• Like 1

Is there any chance that threads started will show who published them one again? Going to someone's page and using the "find threads posted" or " find latest posts" was really helpful to me in the past. The way it seems now ,I see all these threads but no idea who they are.

These features are on the desktop version, posts have #'s and if you use the site in desktop you can go to the persons profile by clicking their name and on the left, click topics. 

If you are on a phone you can go to the bottom of any page and click full version to get to desktop I believe.

Edited by matty
  • Like 1

Are you on the mobile version?

Are you using a browser or a forum reader like Taptalk?

So I suppose you recanted that offer on the beta testing #hahaha ( no smileys on iPad )

Not sure if this has been mentioned but as the OP after one "edit" I am not able to make another edit.

Also no "advanced" option when posting like other sites have that give full features available"insert IMG, html, web link, more smileys.

Could be the iPad but this was an option on the past platform and found on all other forums I frequent

Thanks Kevin for fixing the sig

• Like 1

I remember reading edit option disappears after a period of time-This is standard for users on Reef2Reef and when you become a paid member you are able to edit whenever-no time restraint.

I'd suggest making that a value for the people that pay dues here

Edited by reefnjunkie
  • Like 1

So I suppose you recanted that offer on the beta testing #hahaha ( no smileys on iPad )

Not sure if this has been mentioned but as the OP after one "edit" I am not able to make another edit.

Also no "advanced" option when posting like other sites have that give full features available "insert IMG, html, web link, more smileys.

Could be the iPad but this was an option on the past platform and found on all other forums I frequent

Seems to be another mobile limitation on this site -I'm sure the list is long as far as tweaks/fixes, hopefully this is on the radar/list-makes for a more user friendly site

that's all I can think of for now, time to head back to NWReef for a bit :angel:

:congratulatory:

• Like 1

Also no "advanced" option when posting like other sites have that give full features available"insert IMG, html, web link, more smileys.

Well I Pm'd you three times about Beta testing, and posted the link for everyone to try publically. . . Sorry ya never made it in over the several days it was open. We had to take it down and reupload it several times. The IPB conversion software wasn't compatible to our version of V Bullet to the Head 5 so it took quite a bit of work.  I wish ya would have been able to make it. Most of the problems your experiencing I'm not hearing from others. It would have been nice to avoid them all together. Of the problem list from the Beta test we have fixed almost everything. One of the issues requires coding and we will have to hire that one out. I'm trying to get all the things we are going to hire out done at one time to save the club some $. Managing other peoples money makes me cheap 

The mobile version is a bit limited, especially when using 3rd party software e.g. taptalk. There is nothing we can do to control the tap talk interface. If using your phone or IPAD there is the option on the bottom of the page to go into full view mode, which would give you the full site. 

I haven't played with the site on the IPAD much. I'll give it a look over the next few days and see if I can fix more of the issues. Is that the format your having the most trouble on? I'm happy to try and fix stuff, I just need the most specific details to get it done. 

On the bottom right corner of the screen here when replying there is a more reply option which will bring you to a screen where you can select the happy faces. On a PC you can select them from the tool bar in the posting window, click on the happy face, or by clicking on the ones on the bottom of the screen there. 

IPhone emoji's and talk taptalk ones won't always translate just yet, but some will. 

No worries on fixing your signature. You just had your code a bit wrong. Easy to do. 

I remember reading edit option disappears after a period of time-This is standard for users on Reef2Reef and when you become a paid member you are able to edit whenever-no time restraint.

I'd suggest making that a value for the people that pay dues here

It is definitely something we will talk about. Other things can be added to e.g. PM storage, number of images in your signature, number of HTML links, etc, etc. There is an amount of data associated with those things and we no pay for how much data we use, so to me it makes sense for people that pay for the site to get those advantages. 

On my PC :beaten:

Don't ya love PC's!  :comp:  You can run chrome on your IPAD too. . . That's how I read most sites when I do use ours.

I see you like the new smiley. There are a few fun ones. If you find any you want me to add let me know and I can import them. 

3 PMs sent-zero received, at least in "my inbox" where other PMs are found, but the PM debacle is just that and navigating was tough enough #rememberthissitesuckscomment

Maybe try someone's IPad the other things you mention that should be there aren't and I'm using the full version-but that's up to you, no need spending time greasing one squeaky wheel-I suggest stay ping focused on keeping all the wheels on the bus-that's a better use of your time IMO

#smileyface

Thanks again

Edited by reefnjunkie

3 PMs sent-zero received, at least in "my inbox" where other PMs are found, but the PM debacle is just that and navigating was tough enough #rememberthissitesuckscomment

Maybe try someone's IPad the other things you mention that should be there aren't and I'm using the full version-but that's up to you, no need spending time greasing one squeaky wheel-I suggest stay ping focused on keeping all the wheels on the bus-that's a better use of your time IMO

#smileyface

Thanks again

Just so weird, since the PM's were sent on the last version of the software and everyone else got them. I'm not doubting you, just saying it is weird.

I'll play with it on the IPAD over the weekend and see what I can get fixed.

I appreciate you as a squeeky wheel. :D If your having these issues other people are likely having them too. Our whole goal here is to include everyone, it's why I volunteer all the time. Thanks for sticking around and helping with the feedback.

Site crashes a lot still on chrome for ipad. It always crashes scrolling too fast. Site still also loads slowly. I thought the switch over to the new software fixed that?

I'm on an IPAD today so I can see some of these for myself and try to get them fixed. Thanks for the input on Chrome, I'll look at that.

I think the site was slow yesterday because we had so many people on.yesterday we peaked at 59 people on and our plan is for4 0. Looks like we're gonna have to step up a level in service after all. It's great to see so many folks enjoying the site.

When I hit the "View New Content" button, it doesn't work the first time. When I hit it again, it works.

In view new post try setting your content in the window on the left to forums instead of home. I think you'll be happier with that.

HTH

Edit- Correction, our current plan allows for 40 users.

Edited by pledosophy
Correction

I spoke back and forth with IPB and it looks like at this time touch devices do not support the IPB emotions by design. There is nothing we can do to change our software to allow happy faces to be used by an Ipad or phone. The only option we have is for people to type the happy face icon they are looking for out. 

IPB is working on a software release, IPB 4, that will include emotions with touch devices but they do not have a release date for that software announced at this time. 

Hey Kevin, not sure if it's just me, but going to the new content section just kills my eyes. When you are logged out, all the threads have invisible background so you see the zoa background in the back. Text on that background makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Even if you are logged in, the unread ones are on the white background, but when you go to the main new content section, the read ones have the white removed, exposing the zoa background. Can you make it all a solid background?

post-12940-0-02042300-1420234277_thumb.png