Jebao DC pump fail

Mandinga

So this morning I hit the feed mode button on the jebao dc12000, but the pump never came back on.

Power supply light is green and controller is green...just no impeller spin.

Pump didn't have any issues before this...

Took the pump apart to find nothing out of place except an o-ring that seems too big for the pump.

So, before you bash me for choosing a cheap chinese product, does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Oh and if anyone has a spare laying around, mandinga would be very grateful:)

There is a ceramic bearing on the shaft. Make sure it spins freely on the shaft. The one I was working on did this and I had to grab ahold of the bearing (with pliers) and turn it to get it free again. Almost seems like it should be lubricated but it's ceramic so idk why it's happening. If that's not it, not sure :-/

Same old thing that happens to every pump with a magnetic impeller at some time or another. Calcium starts to build up and/or slime and the shaft doesn't spin as easy on the ceramic bearing or loses field strength to make it through slime to get started again. Vinegar soak is the classic fix. My Jebao RW and WP don't seem to come apart though, so I'm not sure what to do other than simply soak them occasionally.

I had a 1200 not fire as well and vinegar and later a DI soak did nothing for it. I bought it used, worked for less then a week, but it worked when I got it so... my pump.

If you figure out how to make it spin again please let me know so I can try it on mine. I have the same thing, everything is green lighted but the impeller does not move.

I've seen a lot of these fail and it seems to be something internal with the DC brushless motor.

I have yet to see anyone that's found a fix other than just replacing the pump, this is the main reason I've held off because it seems to happen to more than just the Jebao.

Blue Z, thanks for the help...when I get back home I will see if the bearing is jammed.

I did notice before I took it apart that the impeller was very tight...I couldnt remember how tight it was supposed to be, but it seems like I really have alot of resistance happening...which is why I took the pump apart(hoping to find something jammed in the volute).

Do you know if the O-ring seal is even necessary?

I've seen a lot of these fail and it seems to be something internal with the DC brushless motor.

I have yet to see anyone that's found a fix other than just replacing the pump, this is the main reason I've held off because it seems to happen to more than just the Jebao.

Yeah, been alot of people talking about this pump(actually ALOT of DC pumps) failing. Many people say the power supply is to blame and they swap it out for a laptop power supply with same voltage output. In my case, the power supply and controller seem to be all systems go.

Blue Z, thanks for the help...when I get back home I will see if the bearing is jammed.

I did notice before I took it apart that the impeller was very tight...I couldnt remember how tight it was supposed to be, but it seems like I really have alot of resistance happening...which is why I took the pump apart(hoping to find something jammed in the volute).

Do you know if the O-ring seal is even necessary?

Sounds like the same symptoms I came across. I would try and turn it and it was super hard to turn. This is because the bearing is essentially locked in place and it's only letting it slip from the rubber top slipping. You will need a set of ring clip pliers to get that retaining clip off so you can get the impellor off to mess with the bearing.

The oring isn't really necessary for submerged pumps but I'd leave it to keep max effeciency (no leaking loss). Maybe your not installing right, it just slips around the circle on the motor side.

The oring isn't really necessary for submerged pumps but I'd leave it to keep max effeciency (no leaking loss). Maybe your not installing right, it just slips around the circle on the motor side.

It just seems to be stretched out...it overhangs a little and gets pinched.

Same old thing that happens to every pump with a magnetic impeller at some time or another. Calcium starts to build up and/or slime and the shaft doesn't spin as easy on the ceramic bearing or loses field strength to make it through slime to get started again. Vinegar soak is the classic fix. My Jebao RW and WP don't seem to come apart though' date=' so I'm not sure what to do other than simply soak them occasionally.[/quote']

Hey if you turn the cover counterclockwise they will come apart. Sometime they just stick from coralline algae build up but both disassemble the same way. Hope that helps

Jebao DC pump fail

Got the DC running again! Thanks blue, that picture was very helpful.

The clearance between the bushing and that plate is very small...I had cleaned and soaked the pump every couple months, but this this has to be disassembled for sure...probably monthly if I want this to last anytime at all.

I'd bet cash money the reason people are having these fail is due to not cleaning them thorough enough. I'm gonna give it a soak in hot vinegar in a couple weeks.

I couldn't get the pin off, I was too afraid to bend/break it. I'll have to get a special tool for that.