Open thread?

LC Scott

Hey Micah' date=' I think my clowns are going to spawn for the first time! My female is bulging with what I believe are eggs! Should I worry if she doesn't spawn in a certain amount of time? I know some fish get egg bound- how long after I noticed she looked 'fat' is too long?[/quote']

Pledosophy's just spawned tonight too! Must be that kind of moon. :)

Mine was noticably bulgy for around 4 days.... I thought she just overate the first time I noticed it... but then it lasted for a few more days. Today the wife spotted the first patches of eggs.

Made a timelapse.. Not as interesting as I thought it would be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPy3wB-z0LA&list=UUl5oQqE47uIPnFrtDt-Yx0Q

Sorry to hijack with clown stuff! :) Here's a picture of a brain coral!

Grroved%20brain%20coral%20roatan%20honduras.jpg

Well it's day 4 since I first was noticing she was 'fat' BEFORE feeding time but tonight she isn't porky looking. There's no way anything would survive in that tank tho- between the two serpent stars, 5-6 hermits, and abundance of bristle worms that creep out at night I'd say they wound up a nutritious and delicious snack:-) going to qt the clowns anyways as want to get the cube cleared of any ich as they had it about a year ago and I just fed them garlic food but couldn't treat the tank. Maybe they'll spawn in the qt- it'd be a good money maker since there's a local setting up a new fish store in a couple months:-) if any lived.