Check valve instalation

Derbird

Hello folks,

I bought a check valve for my 60 cube and have hit a potential problem DOH!. I bought the 3/4" check valve and 3/4" flex hose for the return to the tank. My problem is how to connect the two. The hose simply slips in to the check valve. Since this is going to be a pressurized line I'm not so sure that this will be enough to hold the pressure and not spray water all over my room.

IMG_20140929_245912_847_zps2ef907ae.jpg

IMG_20140929_245943_800_zps3f11a5a6.jpg

Any thoughts on how to reinforce the connection or am I just being paranoid again (crazy)

Hello folks,

I bought a check valve for my 60 cube and have hit a potential problem DOH!. I bought the 3/4" check valve and 3/4" flex hose for the return to the tank. My problem is how to connect the two. The hose simply slips in to the check valve. Since this is going to be a pressurized line I'm not so sure that this will be enough to hold the pressure and not spray water all over my room.

IMG_20140929_245912_847_zps2ef907ae.jpg

IMG_20140929_245943_800_zps3f11a5a6.jpg

Any thoughts on how to reinforce the connection or am I just being paranoid again (crazy)

Chevck valves will buildup and stick. So you need to mount it where you can clean it. Also, since yours is transarent, it should be sheilded from light to avoid algae growth.

I avoid check valves if I can.

IME I would just skip it all together. They have never lasted for me and if you plan on them not failing you will have a problem one day, however if you plan on them failing you can avoid that problem, but then you really don't need a check valve anymore.

I have tried a few different kinds, never had one last for more then 3 months. Also in the application of your return, I would not want to constrict or depressurize there IMO.

If the issue is your return draining to much when power is lost, add some lockline to it so the nozzle is higher in the tank. I decided against a check valve on my old tank after all of the horror stories I read.

If you do decide to use it, do like BlackIce suggested.