Coralife customer service-2 thumbs up!

Tat2d

I had been chasing a temperature issue with my tank for a couple of weeks, when it dawned on me that it might be a faulty thermometer rather than the heater I had been blaming (and turning up). So I stuck an old glass thermometer in the sump, lo and behold it was a faulty Coralife digital thermometer. Luckily I had only increased the tank temp. to 82 or so, and very gradually. The thermometer kept reading lower and lower, as I turned the heater up more and more.

A few weeks before this I had two Coralife t-5 bulbs burn out within 3 months of purchasing them. I replaced them, and all seems fine with the fixture.

I thought about it, and was a little miffed that I'd had such a bad run of luck with Coralife products lately. So I sent a brief email to their customer service dept. After a couple of emails back and forth to answer specific questions, I get one today saying they are sending replacements for all the faulty products and where can they ship them.

I am so thoroughly impressed, I just had to post something about my positive experience with them.

I am holding back a lot of sarcasm right now... I guess I will just come out and say it, what good does a replacement do if it will brake just like the original? I hate coralife, every product I have ever purchased with their name stamped on it was a total piece of junk. I would suggest you do not use the new thermometer because everyone I know who has used one, myself included, had it malfunction. I guess there is a reason their products are so inexpensive.

I am contemplating not posting this because I realize it comes across as an attack, I assure you it is not, in fact I am very happy for you that they made an effort to help you out. :)

R

I've used coralife stuff in the past, and had good luck. I know it isn't the most high end, but for what it is, it aint too bad.

I was just impressed that someone-somewhere remembers what good customer service/satisfaction is about. Too many big companies seem to have forgotten about that end of things these days.

I did learn a lesson. Run a second, glass type thermometer in the sump from now on.;)

Archived