Help!!!!! Whats going on???

cvsl2007

Can some help? I have a bad case of Ich and some!!!!!! 2 fish died in the last 4 day, the other once are not getting any better. I used marineX and ran out now im using Ick-X but i don't see any improvement. I also noticed this white stuff on the rock and also some of the rick turned blackish. My anemones haven't really opened up in the last few days. I did a 25% water change 2 days ago, my PH was a little low but I'm bringing it up, my salt is at 1.023-1.024. nothing else is showing up on my strips. Here are some pics maybe someone can save the rest of my tank.

[ATTACH]11572[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11573[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11574[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11575[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11576[/ATTACH]

post-8333-141867787121_thumb.jpg

post-8333-141867787125_thumb.jpg

post-8333-141867787129_thumb.jpg

post-8333-141867787133_thumb.jpg

post-8333-141867787137_thumb.jpg

If you are in west linn bring some water over and we can test it, could be a water problem and the fish have become stressed, somethings going on you are also having problem with coral and nems

Could also be marine velvet if it's wiping out fish that fast. I lost about three or four hundred dollars worth of fish around christmas time from it. I would agree with smann though it could be poor water quality that is stressing them out. if I wasn't heading out of town id try and help you. Sorry and good luck

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

the marine x should be bc i used it b4 but this new stuff im not sure about but i asked the fish place and they said it was.. if it isn't i will flip.. bc i think the shrimp and a fish i got from the same place brought the ich. i don't think they have a clue, i had a bad feeling b4 i went to them. i usually buy my stuff from seahorse aquariums but this one time i went elsewhere. i would say where but im not that kind of guy to ruin a business with my own hands but eventually they'll go under.

It is probably the same store that sold it to me. Said they use it. Bull $&@$. If they did then there coral and inverts would of died also. I do not and will not ever shop there again. We all know who it is. You don't have to say.

I'm so sorry to hear about your ick problem. Being relatively new' date=' I'm interested in learning how to treat for this problem too (in case it happens to me along the way). Is a generous water change the only solution?[/quote']

check out upinders (eugenereef) ich treatment thread he posted recently there are a lot of ways and different ideas on how to treat it if you have a problem with it in the future

There are lots of treatments for ich but I have personally found that sometimes just letting them fight it off is the best way to go as the treatments tend to stress the animals out. Moving them to another tank stresses them out too. I agree the Ich-x is probably causing the problems you are seeing now. I would do a 50% water change and yes I can guess which store you went to.

Ich-X™ may be harmful to some invertebrates (e.g. filter feeders); use caution and observe carefully when treating aquariums with invertebrates. Immediate 50% or larger, water changes (using Ultimate® to treat the replacement water) should be performed if stress is observed amoung treated animals.

As far as treatment there is a great link I got on reef frontiers. It's too long to post all of it here.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f15/marine-ich-myths-facts-27003/

Archived