waste water

jonas

I like that idea, too bad I have a front loading washing machine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i have 1\4" drill bit, could drill a hole in the door at the top, plumb the tubing in.(wife)(wife)(clap)(clap)

i was thinking it was dirtier than regular water' date=' since the ro/di could not use it. i would imagine all the impurities are concentrated in the water the ro\di did not use, anyone?[/quote']

The waste might have more TDS but it will not have all the chlorine and chemicals that the filters pull out.

At the store, I use the waste water in the fish quarantine system, only about 20% of the waste water goes down the drain. As for thw waste water being dirtyer, all the water goes through the micron and carbon filters so what they remove is gone, the waste water is bypassed through the membrain carterage and the impurities that the membrain dosn't allow through ends up going out the waste water line.

The waste might have more TDS but it will not have all the chlorine and chemicals that the filters pull out.

Waste water is very similar to what comes out of the common water filters sold in the hardware store. I would say it is safe drink. Infact, it is better than RO water to drink as RO-DI takes out some of the beneficial salts out of the water that body takes from water. The waste water goes through a 10 or 1 micron filter that takes out any suspended matter then it goes through carbon block filter that takes out any color, odor and some organics out of it. I think it also takes out Chlorine (some people use chloramine filter as well, but I don't have it on mine and it seems to be working fine for past 5 yrears :) ). The only thing I can think of RO taking out is some bacteria! but considering I have been drinking tap water for last ~40 yrs of my life and I have not observed any harmful effects YET, I am ok with drinking waste water :)

This is IMHO and please do your own research before using your waste water from RO-DI systems.

If you have a booster pump ya can add another membrane and double your output and decrease your waste water. But ya that waste has to go somewhare and if you loop it it just clogs your membrane, I've tryed just pluging the waste water outlet and the membrane works great for a while but after about 30 gallons it starts slowing down and after about 50 gallons it stops working almost, I just flushed the membrane for 15 min and it was back to normal.

If you have a booster pump ya can add another membrane and double your output and decrease your waste water. But ya that waste has to go somewhare and if you loop it it just clogs your membrane' date=' I've tryed just pluging the waste water outlet and the membrane works great for a while but after about 30 gallons it starts slowing down and after about 50 gallons it stops working almost, I just flushed the membrane for 15 min and it was back to normal.[/quote']

that is what i am doing with mine, i have an automatic flush valve that flushes mine every 45 minutes. in the summer when the water warms up, i end with a 1 to 1 waste ratio, (1 gallon of water to 1 gallon of ro\di. right now i am running more like 2.5 waste to 1 gallon of ro\di.) membranes last 2 to 3 years.

Archived