1300 gallon reef tank at Uchu in NE PDX

jackaninny

I don't like sushi but its just a few blocks from my store, N Mississippi has transformed in the last few years to a pretty cool area, galleries, micro brews, restaurants, shops, I'll check it out and report back!

OK I just checked the website link...Fried Chicken...I'm there!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well it took a little time to get a response back, but Christian did. Very busy with opening a new restaurant and all :) .

Well it looks as thou the place is alittle on the small side in regards to them holding the Xmas Party. Unless they are willing to rent us the entire place! Which he said is not out of the question but as of now they have not really thought about doing that, OR how they would do that. But again he said it could be an option.

Here is a part of his email about the tanks.....

The Reef tank is an 800 gallon L-shaped display with a 500 gallon refugium/sump. We've built in the large support tank because I plan to add at least one more large tank after we settle in. I am only just now about to fill it, finally with saltwater, so the reef will be sometime in development.

He is a member here and "in his free time" he does check us out. He said he was excited that we showed so much interest in the rest./tanks.

More as, more come in.

I heard some rumors about a large reef tank in a new restaurant here, now confirmed.

Has anyone checked out Dragonfish in downtown PDX (the Paramount Hotel) and their reef tank? I have not been there in a few years. They had a decent display with a huge gigas clam and some nice softies...

• 4 weeks later...

the uchu tanks

Hey, I built those! I also bought the lobster tank from said member, thank you! works great. Still haven't started selling crab out of them. Hopefully soon. The construction pet crab survived two weeks before the inevitable.

I'm open to any questions about the construction and mechanics of them. I'm no reef keeper, but I get the mechanics of it. I'm a sucker for the simplicity of Koi keeping....

For corrections sake, the reef tank is 800 +/- gallons, with a 500 gallon sump/refugium.

The reef is not yet populated, but with time...........