LED lunar lights.

titus'reef

]I Bought this lights from Car Toys for $15. First i got the longer version which was 12 inches and 12 LEDs each bar. It was way too much for my tank. I exchanged it for the short one which it should be just fine for my 50 gallon.

I was just thinking to share. They are designed for cars and I believe they are water resistant, but I don't want to try it. I cut the cord and I hocked it up to a 12V.DC transformer that i picked up from good will for $2. So the total deal was $17.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10597&d=1295657335

attachment.php?attachmentid=10598&d=1295657346

post-6472-141867785393_thumb.jpg

post-6472-1418677854_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I will be installing them tonight and i'll take some pictures afterwords.I tried the 12 inches ones and they are way too powerful. I think you could use them instead of T5s actinic. They give you nice color. You can see a difference even when the MH are on. Later on I might try them by itself and the MH only.

I tried them once worked great for a week. Water finally corroded the circuit board. I bought another set. I sealed the tubes. They look good on my 90 gallon little bright for me. Even the short tubes, but super cheap to do. They have been running two weeks now. I will snap a pic when the main lights turn out tonight.

I tried them once worked great for a week. Water finally corroded the circuit board. I bought another set. I sealed the tubes. They look good on my 90 gallon little bright for me. Even the short tubes' date=' but super cheap to do. They have been running two weeks now. I will snap a pic when the main lights turn out tonight.[/quote']

What did you use to seal the tubes? i might do that too. Why not learn from others mistakes? lol

If the light is to bright try using a semi-clear tape. My cell phone has a led light that wont turn off when charging so i used tape to keep the led from lighting my room up at night. Should also work on the led strips.

fyi, tape also works good to quite annoying children toy speakers lol