Apex or Digital Aquatics Controller

NoobtoSalt

What is this "Daisy Chain" you speak off. Some of us younger folks don't quite understand....(laugh) J/K

But really why can't you have both MH and T5's?(scratch)

It was a joke....your thread is an opinionated one, everyone may have their own preference so its a subjective thread, similar to the...

"T5's or Metal Halides, which are better"

Heck you can use the controller to turn your coffe pot on, light up the crishtmas tree, use your imagination, if it requires "power" you can control it(clap)

It was a joke....your thread is an opinionated one, everyone may have their own preference so its a subjective thread, similar to the...

"T5's or Metal Halides, which are better"

Heck you can use the controller to turn your coffe pot on, light up the crishtmas tree, use your imagination, if it requires "power" you can control it(clap)

I know it was a joke. I guess that's what makes your reply so much more funny...(laugh)

As far as I know no controller manufacturer has the capability to monitor KH, Mg, Nitrates/Nitrites, ammonia etc. From what I have read, to impliment this would be cost prohibitive thus far. DA does have the capability to monitor Salinity, but that is the last thing I need to monitor as mine is rock solid!

I like the ACjr. A simple, effective design. They can be picked up for $120 to $160 used with a DC8 and probes. They are very reliable. I like them so much I have two of them.

I don't like the idea of being too dependent on one system. As things become too complex they are also more inherently prone to failure IMHO.

Agreed with Franklin! I have 3 ACjr's and all were bought used.

Unless you want to monitor your tank params via a smart phone, go for an ACjr.

I am running the RKL and I like it so far. Never had any problems with it and you know what? For the money it's more than you need. Ok you use it for the lights and calcium reactor, fans and chiller and more stuff but for pumps (return pump for example)? There is no need to run the return pump or if you are using the vortheck you won't need the controller for them. If the power goes down you won't have power to anything. Just saying you know? My opinion is that; the simple, the better. good luck