Anyone do siding?

NoobtoSalt

My parents have a huge shop on their new property and its in need of being completed. The back side is done but the sides and front need to be finished. He has all of the materials needed but was wanting a quote to do the job. Just need to pull down the metal sides and put up the new fiber cement boards. Only interested in people that have done siding before otherwise we will do it in the spring ourselves. Building is 30 x 60. Let me know what you would charge for labor and how long of a job it would be.

Thanks

Front view

aefdc25f-5fe4-5d4e.jpg

Left side

aefdc25f-5ff6-9dbb.jpg

Right side

aefdc25f-6017-d2b9.jpg

Back just to show how big it is

aefdc25f-6042-610f.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Sure did. Just not going to call on new years eve...lol

I will try and call them on monday. Had he done siding jobs in the past?

you can call him if you want.. and he is a licensed contractor some im sure he has

I would have you as first pick anyways. Just let me know in a pm what the labor cost would be. He will cover all costs involved for the materials as he has all the siding already. Not in a huge hurry either so what ever works for you.

we are actually siding a 60x50x30 barn right now.

Just out of curiosity why did you do vertical on the sides and horizontal on the front? Wish school wasn't starting i've done hundred(s) of new construction siding jobs vinyl' date='shake you name it.[/quote']

He bought the place with it like that. I guess they guy started the job a couple of years ago and never got around to finishing it. In a happy world I'm sure he would have gone horizontal all the way around but it would cost a ton more and since it's just a shop it's not worth the additional cost involved. The sides are currently metal siding, the back has already been completed with full sheets of fiber boards. the sides as well will be the full sheet boards. The front will look much nicer with the horizontal boards.