Puffer fish

NoobtoSalt

Well this tank has been getting neglected so I have now our him and the lobster in the frag tank. I plan to keep the lobster for the time being but need to get rid of the puffer before I add my corals. Not sure if it will nip at them but I'm not taking a chance.

Asking $ 10 or trade for frags

Check the puffer build thread for pictures. It would be better if it was in a larger tank than a ten gallon as well. Fyi

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Jesse Im pretty sure that puffers don't eat coral. the reason why they aren't reef safe is because they will eat inverts ie. snails' date=' ornamental shrimp, clams, snails, hermits. Im sure he will be fine with some of your prized zoanthids.(naughty)[/quote']

Mine eat anything except rock and glass.

I want a puffer so bad! I wish I had a second predator tank and I would get one for sure. I hear they have amazing personalities.

The puffer that noob has is a smaller variety and does well with others of the same species. If I didn't have 4 tanks going, I would set up a tank specifically for these guys. Clay has had them ( before they were eaten by a larger fish) and they are hillarious to watch. They fall under the " I don't need another fish or tank, but now that I have them I wish I would have gotten them earlier" thing. If any newer hobbiest's are reading along, these are easy to keep and great pets.

If I remeber right they are a brackish puffer.

So they can go into both marine and brackish set ups.

Might be worth calling around to a FW store about possible trade-ins too.

Yeah I may end up just taking it back to Rose city where I got it. It's a good fish just don't trust it in the frag tank. If the lobster doesn't do well it will go to the shop as well.

Do you think it would do good with a saddle back puffer in a 24 gallon aqua pod?

I have no idea. I do know that when I first got the fish I also had a psuedochromis and it was gone from the tank shortly after that. But it hasn't bothered the lobster and I've had the lobster now for 3 months or so.