Risk it or not?

siskiou

I found a Rainford's goby that's eating prepared food, but the quarantine tank is currently taken up by freshwater fish.

Should I risk putting it directly into the 120G (it would be the first fish in there) or just wait for another one later on?

Go for it, if you are worried about it, get a dip of some sort from a LFS and do a dip and then put him. You will be good to go.

I wonder sometimes about quarantining fish also. I tend not to and I know someone who does and seems like he looses more fish that way. I really havent bought any "exotic hard to keep fish" but I very rarely have had a fish die. All the fish that just go straight into his tank are all okay. The ones that he has in QT tanks seem to die off. I say go for it if you havent already. Later Ryan

Ruby reef, KICH_ICH Is a great treatment 100% reef safe. I have noticed that I have to dose it heavy and a little longer than they say. Make sure you start as soon as you first see the ich because I don't think this treatment works very well when there is a really heavy infestation. Fairly expensive but I have found a place on line that is really reasonably priced.

http://www.northcoastmarines.com/kick_ich.htm