1. 1.

• Phoenix 14k
    • Ushio 20k
    • XM 20k
    • Aqualine AB 20k
    • Megachrome Blue 20k
    • Blue Life SPS (South Pacific Sunlight) 20k
    • Other....

So its going to be time soon to replace my bulbs in my fixture, I currently am running standard Current USA 14k Bulbs, and I have liked them, and originally had plans to go phoenix 14k and stay with that temperature. I have actinic/blue led's that when the halides go off and the blue led's are on, many of my corals just GLOW under it, which makes me kinda want to go up to a 20k bulb....but I have not seen any 250w DE in 20K in person, I know everyone raves about the radiums, but they don't make it in a 250w DE, I see the XM 20K mentioned alot though..

So I am curious, If I want to have my corals really pop, should I go 20K? if so any particular brand more blue than the others? Is the Pheonix 14k pretty blue? What do you think the bluest, most coral popping 250w DE is?

I have an Aqualine AB 20k in mine and I like the color which has a slight violet (uv) tint to it. For your colors to really pop though your not going to want a bluer bulb but rather you want one that is more violet. In an SE bulb I really like the XM 15K and the Ushio 20k which both have a bit more violet than the aqualine.

If you come by this weekend you can see my tank' date=' I run 2 250DE phoenix and 2-54 actinic[/quote']

Which actinics are you running? Are they 420 or 460nm? I'll be looking to replace the 2 I got from you pretty quick. They give the tank a nice natural color however they don't have any violet in them.

I am surpised that "Other" is beating out the Phoenix 14k....:eek:..Interesting...I have seen a few responses in the replies to some other types/brands of bulbs...So is everyone that is voting "Other" agreeing with Aqualine AB 20k or Radiums? The Radiums don't come in DE vesions...so I am out of luck there, unless I want to change my lighting....I am curious those of you who voted "Other"....which bulbs did you like, or are using? Or are people saying/voting that more blue is not what they like? I currently have 14k and just cannot see myself going any lower in Kelvin rating than that, I just personally don't like 10K look...

So what bulbs are you guys voting for then? what are the "Other" bulbs?