Nano Tank Questions

NoobtoSalt

So all of the fish died in my sons tank a week or so ago and all he has left is a cleaner shrimp and his clean up crew. I've been continuing to feed the tank and my parameters are fine.

My question is now that i have a lot less waste in the tank should I slow down on my water changes or continue my weekly 10%?

What are your parems, water temp. ph, SG, nitrate, nitrite, phos, calc etc. How much are you feeding. On my bio cube I have been changing out 5 gallons weekly and changing filter floss every other w/c. Carbon in a micron bag changed every 3 weeks. The only fish I lost is the one my son dropped on the brick. (gavel)

What are your parems' date=' water temp. ph, SG, nitrate, nitrite, phos, calc etc. How much are you feeding. On my bio cube I have been changing out 5 gallons weekly and changing filter floss every other w/c. Carbon in a micron bag changed every 3 weeks. The only fish I lost is the one my son dropped on the brick. (gavel)[/quote']

Parameters are just fine. I lost all of my fish I'm pretty sure to a fallen fish in the tank that I couldn't find that caused an Ich outbreak in the tank.

Nitrates 0

Nitrites 0

PH 8.3

Salinity 1.024

I don't check for my calcium or phos. very often since I change my water religiously every week. I know sooner or later I need to but right now all my tank seem to be fine.

Parameters are just fine. I lost all of my fish I'm pretty sure to a fallen fish in the tank that I couldn't find that caused an Ich outbreak in the tank.

Nitrates 0

Nitrites 0

PH 8.3

Salinity 1.024

I don't check for my calcium or phos. very often since I change my water religiously every week. I know sooner or later I need to but right now all my tank seem to be fine.

agree'd i would check your ammonia as well, but since your nitrates are 0 then your ammonia is probably low to 0 as well unless its recently spiked.

With no fish you can easily get away with biweekly to monthly water changes. i change my water in my 29g once every 2 weeks with 5 fish in the tank and full of corals.

Do you run a UV sterilizer? If not get one....JMO

Also, I agree as well on the amonia testing. I would also like to know how old your tests are....if they are too old they could be throwing incorrect results which could mean your water is actually way off.

Amonia is somewhat equivelant to chlorine....in other words very bad for fish.

Lastly....what kinda water are you using? If you are using tap...which I have done and still do you have to remember that there could be other toxins in the water that you are adding. Lately I have been trying, although failing, to not use tap as often due to this exact reason.

Do you run a UV sterilizer? If not get one....JMO

Also, I agree as well on the amonia testing. I would also like to know how old your tests are....if they are too old they could be throwing incorrect results which could mean your water is actually way off.

Amonia is somewhat equivelant to chlorine....in other words very bad for fish.

Lastly....what kinda water are you using? If you are using tap...which I have done and still do you have to remember that there could be other toxins in the water that you are adding. Lately I have been trying, although failing, to not use tap as often due to this exact reason.

I don't use tap. I've been buying water from SWF for the past three or four months now. Was buying from another shop but decided to switch. Test kits are not all that old, maybe six months at the most. I will check amonia levels tomorrow. It's in my son's room and he's asleep already.

Any chance of a predator? What about aresole cleaners or carpet powder....using any of that? Also...using any hand sanitizers?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tank is fully sealed on the top so I couldn't imagine any aresole sprays getting into the tank but we don't use them in the kids rooms anyways. I'm still confident that the missing fish that had ich contaminated the tank.