White Sponges

NoobtoSalt

So I have started to notice that I have a large sponge in my main tank which I'm not so worried about. But in my sump I have quite a few smaller sponges growing. Is there anything to worry about? I also have sponges growing in my 10 gallon puffer tank. If anyone wants some feel free to come grab them as well..(laugh)

thats pretty normal. its signs of a healthy tank' date=' but you will want to clean them off your equipment and make sure they don't overgrow any corals. i usually clean the sump equipment once every 3-4 months.[/quote']

The reason I even started to get a little concerned was that it was growing on one of my zoa frags.

So I have some bright green sponge growing on one of my zoa rocks, and the zoas are not all that happy, could it be that the sponge is taking over or making them angry? All my other zoas are doing great, and I have never had a problem with sponge and zoas before.

So I have some bright green sponge growing on one of my zoa rocks' date=' and the zoas are not all that happy, could it be that the sponge is taking over or making them angry? All my other zoas are doing great, and I have never had a problem with sponge and zoas before.[/quote']

i would wager if the sponge is touching them then its a good likelihood, if its still within several inches of it then the zoas are probably ticked about something else. but your guess is as good as mine. ;)