Micro-bubbles

NoobtoSalt

Is the skimmer new? Also try raising the water level after the bubble trap where your return pump is. If the water has little turbulence there should be a lot less bubbles. Just from the pic it looks like the water is falling from the first bubble trap wall.

The skimmer was used. Seems to be working out great, I just cleaned it out tonight for the first time since I've had it but I've been having the micro bubble problems on and off for awhile just never posted anything about it. It does have a little bit of a water fall from the center chamber to the return pump so maybe I will fill that up a bit and see if that's where it's getting the air at.

I will just keep fooling with it for a bit. I raised the water level and it didn't seem to do much here so I'm not sure where the air is coming in at in the sump.

Thanks for the help so far. If anyone else has a different suggestion please feel free. So far this has been helpful but has not fixed the problem, but it very well could just be the breaking in period like finch was saying.

they are comming from the skimmer. they come and go as the skimmer pulls excess proteins out of the water. the harder it works the more bubbles it will create. keeping the water level even with the bubble trap will help alot, also put a filter fabric trap in the bubble trap area. the other thing that can help a little is a sponge around your skimmer exit pipe.

they are comming from the skimmer. they come and go as the skimmer pulls excess proteins out of the water. the harder it works the more bubbles it will create. keeping the water level even with the bubble trap will help alot' date=' also put a filter fabric trap in the bubble trap area. the other thing that can help a little is a sponge around your skimmer exit pipe.[/quote']

So far tonight so good. I forgot about putting in some fabric in between the two..oops..I knew we talked about it awhile back too.

I've got the little black fabric rings around the tube that we were unsure about, I hope those are doing some of the job then...(laugh)