Does anyone know??

MissDeffiance

Is there anything from our ocean here like in seaside, Cannon Beach that would be compatible in our reef tanks ?

I know it is going from cold water to warm water, but I thought I heard once that there was a few things ...

I had also heard that some of the algae from our coast line is really good for our fish.. Do you know what kind that is ?

Thanks everyone

I know when I first cycled my little 29g years ago I got some snails and hermits from seaside to do the job with the rock. one Hermit lived out of all of them and he didn't really make it more then a few months at most. I can't tell ya if the algae is good or not but one good thing would be that it may have trouble thriving in a tank so letting it be in the tank probably wouldn't encourage growth. It may just be a great source of food. I would be worried about what it may bring into the tank though. be it disease or parasites or something else. That type of stuff seems to not have a problem with living in all temperatures.