Need an ID on Snail?

NoobtoSalt

So this is the snail that I'd like to get more of. it's much larger than most but it hangs out in my sandbed all day long.

Pictures were taken off my phone. I don't see the snail often as it's always burrowed in the sand. I grabed what was around me at the time.

If anyone knows what it is please let me know.

Thanks

IMG00147-20100605-1423.jpg

IMG00148-20100605-1424.jpg

Re: Need an ID on Snail?

Oh...wait....I had one of those....still got the shell....he stays in the sand most the time right? I will call the place I got em from tomorrow and update if you haven't already found out...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Re: Need an ID on Snail?

They are a type of conch....I will get name...does it pop out when you toss food in the water? Mine did....like a submarine....cool guy worked great...only thing that did better was diamond goby....but I prefer the snail as the gobies keep jumping out

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Orange Spot Butterscotch Nassarius Snail

I just found another forum that they originally thought it was a conch but they state that it is the Orange Spot Butterscotch Nassarius Snail. They other day I thought that's what it was but I just found a few more pictures that looks exactly like what I have. Now I just need to find a shop around here that sells them. My goby died and I just got a sifting star but another 1 or 2 of these guys would be great for the sandbed for awhile. Plus they look really cool.

I got one of those from Garrett! He has since passed and now one of my hermits wears the shell, check out Emerald525's avatar. He was not cheap, I paid $10 for it to Garrett. Might want to contact him and see if he has any more or can get some. It does a great job on the sand!

Yes its a Large or fancy Nassarius snail. I got mine a wile back from a order I did and added him to get the shipping price. I just lost mine the other day as well' date=' I am kinda blaming the Cyno theory, as I think that stuff is nasty or bad for snails.[/quote']

THATS IT!!! Garrett called him a Fancy Nassarius snail! PM him if you want more!