What halides would you suggest?

NoobtoSalt

What halides would you suggest?  

1. 1.

• Phoenix 14k 250w DE
    • SPS Blue life 14k 250w DE
    • Ushio 14k 250w DE
    • Something else that I didn't add on the poll....
    • One of the above but 20k bulbs

There is a reason that the DE Pheonix is so popular. It is a just a really nice bulb. Not sky high PAR. but good enough.

Radiums are crazy. I was fragging an Acan on the floor at a friends house and using the Radium over his tank to do the cutting. I almost backed out when I saw how much the Acan popped under his light. And mind you, the Acan was on the floor and the light was mounted high.

Ahhh... did you notice a color shift? The tests posted at RC (from Sanjay' date=' I think?) seemed to indicate both a drop in PAR and color shift (more yellow) for the electronic ballasts they tested, but they weren't Icecaps, IIRC.[/quote']

the PFO HQI ballast overdrives the Radium so it's white while the IC does not overdrive so it's blue. I liked the color of the Radium with the IC better. I never tested it but I'm sure the IC and Radium had a lower PAR than the PFO HQI and Radium.

SPS 20k or Phoenix. Have tried Ushio,ok but yellow. Plusrite(after reading Byrd's thread long ago) good par and looks white,but short lifespan then turned yellow(pay for what you get). Phoenix, great life,look...higher priced. Now running an SPS 20k de 250w and really like the color. 2 months in and too early to tell on the lifespan(yellowing when getting old) priced right @ Garretts