Clean Up Crew for Sand bed?

NoobtoSalt

I never thought about that. My acans seem to be doing ok so far on the sand bed but I will keep a closer eye on them.

I kind of like the sand bed myself and so does my wife so it's going to be sticking around. When I get back from my vacation I might try to get another goby.

I think I'm going to order 2 emeralds, 20 nassaruis snails, 25 hermits crabs, and 2 brittle stars. I know the brittle stars are not for the sand bed but all I have in the tank are the small brittles.

The acans did fine they just puffed out more when they were off of the sand bed.

If you haven't been to the premium aquarium, you should check it out. I don't know if he is up and running since he moved but worth the trip just to check out his garage set up and he has good prices too.

Tim at Westside was also runnning a sale of 1 dollar per snail or crab and I know Seahorse also had a sale on inverts this weekend. Buy 5 get 2 free.

If you haven't been to the premium aquarium, you should check it out. I don't know if he is up and running since he moved but worth the trip just to check out his garage set up and he has good prices too.

Tim at Westside was also runnning a sale of 1 dollar per snail or crab and I know Seahorse also had a sale on inverts this weekend. Buy 5 get 2 free.

I haven't been to Westside or Premium aquarium yet. Woody I'm going to keep my comments to myself on but he kind of suprised me last week on some things so I'm going to stay away from his shop for a bit. Nice guy just odd business practices..

I've heard that Tim at Westside is a good shop to deal with, just not sure if the drive out that far is worth it from Vancouver just for a CUC.

I've also heard that Garrett is awesome! One of these days I will get down there as well.

Thanks for the input I will have to see what I'm going to do. I probably will be getting a goby when I get back.

If you get a chance to head down sometime, I have a nice variety of inverts and sand bed cleaners in right now. The new system is being plumbed right now but the old system is still kickin for the time being.

Feel free to hit me up if interested :)

Thanks for the recommendation Kim. You and Beth are gonna have to come check out the new system once it's done. It's coming along nicely and has alot more tanks!

I was just commenting on how you are so active for a sponsor on here and how nice it is...lol

I might just have to make a stop down there when I get back from Vacation.

If you get a chance to head down sometime, I have a nice variety of inverts and sand bed cleaners in right now. The new system is being plumbed right now but the old system is still kickin for the time being.

Thanks for the recommendation Kim. You and Beth are gonna have to come check out the new system once it's done. It's coming along nicely and has alot more tanks!

Will definitely check out your new system when it's up and running. We could probably even arrange some type of road trip if anyone is interested it would be fun!(clap)

You should have some type of new grand opening Garrett! We have a suburban that seats 7 comfortably and 8 jam packed!:D

My avatar is a picture of one of the big carribean hermits you sold us!

contrary to very popular belief, sand sifting stars will destroy your beneficial organisms in your sand bed. The only good thing they do is bury themselves in the sand thus stirring it up. I have had many Tiger cukes in my day and highly recommend them. Sand sifting gobies will jump if given the opportunity. Nassarius snails (the Tongan variety) are the best sand stirrers in the business. I think you can't have enough of them.

contrary to very popular belief' date=' sand sifting stars will destroy your beneficial organisms in your sand bed. The only good thing they do is bury themselves in the sand thus stirring it up. I have had many Tiger cukes in my day and highly recommend them. Sand sifting gobies will jump if given the opportunity. Nassarius snails (the Tongan variety) are the best sand stirrers in the business. I think you can't have enough of them.[/quote']

Yeah, I like the Tongan Nassarius, too. There are different kinds of Nassarius, so be sure to look at what kind you are getting. I have been told that the smaller ones are just as effective, etc. but in my experience the Tongas live longest and do a great job of stirring things up. I have bought 2 or 3 other kinds, all of which are now dead as far as I can tell, while the big Tongas keep kickin' 2+ years down the road.

I also have a black cucumber in my display, and while he does an OK job and looks cool, he actually spends a lot of time up on the rocks and glass, and not down cleaning the sand.