Feedbacl Score-has it ever been discussed??

reefnjunkie

Feedbacl Score-has it ever been discussed??  

1. 1.

• Yes, I would like to know the history of the person I may trade/buy from
    • No, I dont care about a persons history because I either dont care or I take my chances
    • Undecided-not sure it would be good or bad
    • I dont care

I was curios if this forum has had or thought about adding a "feedback score" to a person's profile. They do something like that on Reef2Reef and I always found it helpful when looking to trade or purchase from a person you know nothing about, but it also allows for people to post their experience with that person

I know we have the member/vendor feedback section but that is a general area and does not follow the individual.

I think it would be a good addition.

here is a user from R2R and under his name you see his feedback score. If you click on the number "7" in this case it takes you to those feedbacks-its similar to the feedback on Fleabay.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/f9/sps-nice-chalices-sale-43424.html

Thoughts/opinions?????

I like it!(clap) Are you meaning in addition to the rep points having a vendor/seller score something like ebay?(scratch)

That would be very helpful! But then again , Brad, I would have ever bought anything from you!;)

That would be very helpful particularly for the newbies.

While we are on the subject of ratings. A spot for rating equipment would be great too. Some other forums have them.

I like it!(clap) Are you meaning in addition to the rep points having a vendor/seller score something like ebay?(scratch)

That would be very helpful! But then again , Brad, I would have ever bought anything from you!;)

That would be very helpful particularly for the newbies.

While we are on the subject of ratings. A spot for rating equipment would be great too. Some other forums have them.

Yes in addition to rep points or toss rep points in the garbage because they truly are non benificial-they do not reflect anything that has bearing.

The feedback on the other hand is a gauge to see if a particl=ular person is a good buyer, seller.

I know personally from selling here I have had times (twice only) where a person tells me they want a piece and actually mention "sold, I'll take it" and then have backed out-I have seen it happen to others as well-

I am not sure if this would allow that type of opion so it may be a poor example-I know certain people that I have dealt with that when they say they want it-I mark it sold.

But the feedback rating is helpful to newer users and its good to know who sells quality frags (besides me-:p) and the converse-I have bought pieces that are not the best looking but have over time developed into the piece I knew it would.

It also would help for people out of the forum-"outsiders-:eek:" so to speak.

It was a thought-maybe we are not big enough to be concerned with it-Dunno

In an effort to protect your " one feeling "' date=' I have deleted my paragraph 3 times. Hahaha[/quote']

Control "A" highlights it so you only have to delete it once-;)

I got rid of that feeling last week-I have none now so feel free to post away,

Why did you delete it? I'm as real as it gets, you cant piss me off or hurt the one feeling I used to have-if that is what you meant-

By the way your sig is PERFECT

i agree with moto' date=' i have seen this done on national websites (ie reef2reef) and some people use it others dont. As for here most of us end up meeting the other person and / or see their tank anyway[/quote']

I would think it would be helpful primarily for the sponsors. It also would be helpful somewhat for the buyers and sellers. I haven't had too much problems when I have bought stuff (except for a few sponsors) but I know all of us who have sold stuff have been frustrated with people who say "yeah I want that" and you end up holding it for several days when someone else wants it and then they back out or say they are going to come by and get it and never show up. (sad)

"Fish flakes" as Frank calls them.