Substrate? River sand?

NoobtoSalt

I didn't mix much in yet. Give me a few days and I will post some pics. It looks too funny right now.

Thanks again Brandon. I may have started a battle on here but I'm glad I got to hear both sides.

Nobody's at war, its all just healthy debating and opinions. In the end we are all mutual friends sharing a hobby that has great rewards for hard work. Its good to hear multiple sides to assist your own decisions in hopefully avoiding head ache and unnecessary pocket book fires.

Nobody's at war' date=' its all just healthy debating and opinions. In the end we are all mutual friends sharing a hobby that has great rewards for hard work. Its good to hear multiple sides to assist your own decisions in hopefully avoiding head ache and unnecessary pocket book fires.[/quote']

Agreed! I was just kinda going huh? every time someone said that (laugh)

I guess I should have explained that better but oh well...lol

Thanks again you guys and I will post some pics up in a few days. I think I'm going to add some more sand tonight. I just got my new 1400 in the tank and I'm hoping that it will help the corals out as well!

So you found me out...DOH! thats the next thing I need to get...lol

A sump that will fit in my stand would be nice.(clap) Thanks for the input though.

If you set up a light in your sump area and run it opposite of your tank lighting' date=' your ph will remain stable.[/quote']

Not sure what I can do to modify my stand in the middle? The entrance to each double door is 20". I'm not sure if I cut the wood inbetween the two if it will change the integrity of the stand? I might be able to cut it out and add some 2x4 for structure though. I should probably start a new thread for this though.

what dimensions are you looking for?

Not sure what I can do to modify my stand in the middle? The entrance to each double door is 20". I'm not sure if I cut the wood inbetween the two if it will change the integrity of the stand? I might be able to cut it out and add some 2x4 for structure though. I should probably start a new thread for this though.

I can probably come by some time this week and take a look at your stand.

If you set up a light in your sump area and run it opposite of your tank lighting' date=' your ph will remain stable.[/quote']

Just to clarify, you need to GROW something like marcoalgae in the sump. Probably goes without saying, but turning on a light in your sump will not magically stabilize your pH.

Just to clarify' date=' you need to GROW something like marcoalgae in the sump. Probably goes without saying, but turning on a light in your sump will not magically stabilize your pH.[/quote']

Oh come on, you don't believe in magic?

Guess i better take my magic mud back.(sad)