Quick build question/plumbing help

jgf86123

Hey guys, I got a quick question for you, I really dont want to dial my pump back, thats 20 bucks I don't need to spend, I'm already in trouble with the other half as it is. So, should I a) cut the box I have in the tank off, its siliconed in, and put a street elbow in there to help with the flow issue, or should I b) put a gate valve on my pump and see if that helps, cause if it doesn't help, I'll have to do option a anyway.

TIA

ok, so I found out the hard way, *()^&*(^ that hurts, that dropping your light strip in the tank is a really really really BADDDDDD idea.

so my second attempt at fixing it, extending the drain line under the water line, was a bust.

anyone else know how to get a razor blade behind something thats flush against a glass wall without breaking the glass?

The guitar string is actually a really good idea! I've used them to dismantle tanks before as well and didn't think about that.

More than likely you'll break the overflow box before you break the glass. Just take your time and have some patience.

Oh yeah, stop electrocuting yourself!

Ok, so the guitar string idea did NOT work, good idea, but, with euro-bracing and having 0 room to get any kind of leverage on the strings, all I did was cut my finger and snap the string.

Talked to Steve a bit ago, and decided that what is probably my best shot is a putty knife, the thinnest one I can find.

Considered draining the whole set-up and rebuilding my stand in the process, but, nixed that idea because it's just too much work and time involved, not to mention it's liable to upset the gf, and as you all know, upsetting the gf who lets you have a saltwater tank is a bad idea. So, I'll deal with the tightness and chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Back to the original question, does anyone else have any ideas for how to get that box off when it is flush with the wall of the tank and [language filter] near flush with the euro-bracing?

TIA

Screw a 3/4 inch ( i think ) ball valve onto the return pump. If your overflow cant handel the return pump then restrict the flow of the return pump. What skimmer do you have? could ya run it off your return pump aswell? Basicaly instead of using a ball valve ya use your return pump to also run your skimmer and that will reduce the flow back up to the tank, plus it will eliminate one pump saving the elect.