Its here!!!!

impur

The starphire is on the right you can definitely see how much clearer it is compared to the normal float glass.

These guys did such a great job. If anyone needs some glass here in Eugene call the guys at Abee windonws, screens, & glass and ask for Billy. It was really great to work with him, he went out of his way to make me happy. Gave me a great price, delivered the glass, talked with me and brainstormed different ways to hold the glass while i put it together. I mean everything, I can't say enough good things about them.

So where are the pics of the new tank(laugh) It has been more than 10 mins what are you doing(whistle) I am sure Miles will tak many a picture and do a complete thread on how to make a cube. Hopefully it wont turn out to be a what not to do thread.

Miles have you talked with anyone about building the tank? I know it will be fun so good luck with the build(rock2)

lol man you guys are needy (laugh)

Got the stand 1/2 done today, basically the bottom and top frame are done. I have the supports cut but i ran out of screws so i'm gonna head out to Jerry's in a few, get the stand together and hopefully get it sealed tomorrow. Then i just need to pick up a couple sheets of 3/4 plywood so i can finish the top and bottom as well as have something to build the tank on.

I also need to get to Granger to pickup the silicon. I've decided to go with clear instead of black as i had originally planned. I want to have a sort of floating reef feel to it, i think the clear silicon will help me accomplish that.

I ordered 5 12x12 sheets of 1/8" glass so i could practice building a tank. I have only done minimal silicon jobs, so i'm gonna get some practice on a smaller scale. I think the 12x12 cube is gonna turn out pretty cool, i might drill it and get it all set up as a nice nano.

Re: Its here!!!!

You might think about getting some strips of glass (maybe 3" wide and a foot or two long) just to practice your technique on the joints first and the build the small cube. Sort of working your way up to the real thing.

Saw a tank thread once where the guy mentioned the workers installing his custom used the empty silicon tubes to scrape away the excess and smooth out the joints. Just cut like 2" sections of the tube and then run it down the joint for a nice finish joint.

Got the stand frame done with 1 coat of Killz on it. Ran out of the sealant so i picked some up on the way home from eating dinner last night. Just need another coat or 2.

Then i've got to pickup a couple sheets of plywood for the top and bottom of the stand as well as a sheet to build the tank on, and some wood to skin the stand.

I've got goodies coming this week as well - Lumen Bright 3 pendant, and 50lbs of BRS eco rock. I'll start cooking the rock as soon as i get it.

Then lets see..........just need to skin the stand, get sand, build the light hanger, build the overflow box once the tank is built and it should be ready :D