New Vortech MP40

Smann

Just got my MP40 hooked up and running...WOW pretty impressive, although I was leaning towards getting all powerheads out of my tank I just wasnt getting the flow I want with seaswirls. I know I should have bought the set of two. Anyway this thing is just tearing up one side of my tank!, extremly quiet. Just playin around with different setting, etc .

Any experience with these please chime in I'm sure there are tips and tricks, definetly wont be set on High!

Congratulations! I'm jealous! 2 MP40's are going to be my next big purchase when tax money comes and hopefully get the group buy going.

I don't know much but there was an earlier thread about them that I found very helpful.

This was from Reefnjunkie. He would be a helpful person to talk to. I hope that helps.

"I don't use the long or short pulse feature, I think that is the one if you want to wave motion.

I use the reef crest mode that basically switches the pump from full power to low power.

Here is a link, (scroll down just below the "making a wave" YouTube vid) you will see a graph that shows "reef crest" vs " lagoon"

http://glassbox-design.com/2008/ecot...vortech-mp40w/

I have my pumps at about 70% full power and they follow that pattern you will see.

I tried Lagoon and it was way to much movement for my tank

I think the advantage over the Tunze and I may be wrong is that they are smaller and pack more of a punch, plus all the cool different modes. I think the 40's can all be programmed from a single unit and that can be wireless-not certain on that one."

I love the short pulse mode! I noticed my corals love it too.

I have only one 40 in my 65g, set at about 90% of power and very short pulse time.

I can see some mushrooms moving on the back of the tank.

My tank is open top and with the short pulse it shows some waves and I think it is pretty cool and another way to give some gas exchange.

The other modes are just blowing my sandbed.

Forgot to ask.... did you get the new driver?

No I probably should have but sometimes I stay away from the "new" and go with the one with the bugs worked out and it wasnt avaiable yet, you could get on the wait list