New shop?

grassi

Did you catch the part where you can get a 200 gallon mix bucket of Kent sea salt for 35 bucks?

Yeah.

I take that as you pay for it then and there.......... and then they will order in the number that they sold. So you will have to go back to pick it up also.

Wow, another shop. That's Rose City, SWF, Seahorse, Davey Jones, Caye's, CB's and now The Nano Reef all within a few miles of each other. Souta's and TCM too, if you widen the circle just a bit. Choice is great, but that's a LOT of shops.. particularly in a depressed economy.

Yeah.

I take that as you pay for it then and there.......... and then they will order in the number that they sold. So you will have to go back to pick it up also.

Its because they wont be able to get the salt to the store before it opens like they wanted to so they will be offering a salt card so to speek but yes it's a pay now and get it when it comes in type thing, so that they can still have a good deal for the customer. Its not for them to be able to buy more, they only need to buy 6 buckets to get that price and yes they are selling it at cost because they have been offered a grand opening price for the salt and want to pass the savings on to the customer. Yes, I have been helping the owners set up so I do know, I was there thismorning when the rep was there and talking about it.

Ok, I just talked to one of the owners and they will have a limited amount of the Kent salt available for opening and they have 2 pallets ordered, they needed to order and pay for the salt today to get that savings, but they are at the mercy of shipping as to when they get the rest to the store.

I guess the compatition is a bit worried so the add has been flaged but they have posted another add.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/for/1650607397.html

Here is the add just incase it's flaged again.

New saltwater aquarium shop

The Nano Reef Grand Opening!!!

Come in and check out the newest saltwater aquarium shop in Portland.

We have a Kent aquarium Salt special.

This weekend 200 gallon mix $34.00

1 bucket per customer. We have limit in stock. So hurry in. If we run

out you can get a rain check voucher. Remember this weekend only.

Pond Shop Adjacent

Thanks and hope to see you this weekend.

The Nano Reef

8838 SE Stark

Portland, OR 97216

Here's the first add.

GRAND OPENING THIS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY 3/20-21

Yes we are opening a new shop selling all your saltwater needs.

Beginners and experienced welcome in a simple no frills atmosphere.

come check out our stock of fish, coral, and inverts for your saltwater tank.

Come in and buy a voucher for a 200 gallon mix bucket of Kent Sea Salt for only $34!!! (limit 1 per customer)

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

3m63p23l55T15P35R2a3i7a9edc49995a1b76.jpg3n23pa3l65T95P15Raa3if3ade21d2cc31dbd.jpg3n83o13lf5T75P85Rba3i5326ff9c18ae1818.jpg3k13o03pd5Tb5Pf5R5a3i7ab0fa0b79cc1d12.jpg

PostingID: 1650180104

Wonder why the post on craigslist got deleted-I was asked about this shop since I live on the "Eastside" where 9's are flying-LOL

This place is like 5 minutes away-SCARY-:eek:

That salt is what I use and is 15.00 less than I usually pay-granted I have a full unopened bucket with half of another I am currently using-I'll bne there to grab my bucket or order it or what ever.

I'll post up my "review" LOL

I guess the compatition is a bit worried so the add has been flaged but they have posted another add.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/for/1650607397.html

Whaaa-I wish I knew if this was true-the comp. being worried. I sell a product that has at least 30 others selling the same product and I am more expensive than all of them-competition is good, it weeds out the garbage-IMO.

I think Andy mentioned other stores in the area-In the 25 years I have been around fish, fresh, africans, salt and reefs, I have been to everyone of those stores and I can tell you that there are only 3 out of that list that I would do business with.

Location is not everything-

Anyway I agree about the opening a new small business, last time I looked I think the failure rate is some freaking insanely high number-so scary that even in a thriving economy its tough.

I wish them well and hope it works for them-small business is what this country is about-to bad the gubberment or local politicians and the VOTERS don't understand that-was that a 66-67 slam-(scratch)

I am trying mods-please don't lock me down, this is the general discussion catagory and I am on point a little bit-;)

Perhaps someone could let this new shop know about our club' date=' and provide my Email address [email']jen.rourk@gmail.com[/email] so that I can talk to them about sponsorship opportunities? Thanks a bunch!

+1.

I'm out of town for the weekend. But I'm sure someone will go there and tell about our club

Perhaps someone could let this new shop know about our club' date=' and provide my Email address [email']jen.rourk@gmail.com[/email] so that I can talk to them about sponsorship opportunities? Thanks a bunch!

Sounds like reef165 would be the obvious choice since he has helped them out.

Wow' date=' another shop. That's Rose City, SWF, Seahorse, Davey Jones, Caye's, CB's and now The Nano Reef all within a few miles of each other. Souta's and TCM too, if you widen the circle just a bit. Choice is great, but that's a LOT of shops.. particularly in a depressed economy.[/quote']

You should be happy that we have a lot of shops in town some people don't even have shops in their town and have to mail order or take a road trip. Also another shop mean more competition which mean less out of our pockets.:D.

You should be happy that we have a lot of shops in town some people don't even have shops in their town and have to mail order or take a road trip. Also another shop mean more competition which mean less out of our pockets.:D.

(first off this is my disclaimer: I am just stating my opinion)

Yes this can be true.

But....... it can also go the other way too. If the stores start to lose revenues. They raise prices to accomadate. Our prices rise also.

It all comes down to how the owners do business and how they treat the customers and their knowledge.

With that being said I wish them luck.

But an area can only support so many stores. (just like Andy said)

It has been brought to my att. that some of you have questioned my involvement in the store and the posts that I have made since the store is not a sponcer. I am not an owner and not an employe of the store in any way, I am just a good friend helping a friend out, I have receved nothing for my time spent helping get the store set up. To me it was just a couple friends getting together and plumbing tanks. I'm sorry if my posts were misunderstood.

I stopped in today with Undrtkr_00 and was impressed with the shop. Had some nice chalices (or as I call them baby-poop on a nacho chip) and some other nice corals.

I got a nice orange ricordia and Undrtkr_00 got a nice purple tonga mushroom. :)

Thanks a lot

dsoz

Thanks for the invite guys

Sorry, it was kinda last minute, Brian called me up... We jumped in the car and went.

Brian also hit the pond store next door and took 45 minutes looking at green things to put into his front yard. The reef shop and the pond shop are not connected, they just happen to be next door to each other. I can see where a family could burn a lot of money if one person likes ponds and another person likes a reef... Dangerous combination.

dsoz

I appreciate all the kind posts and interest in the shop. I have been quiet because i want to respect the sponsors of course, so i appreciate the press we have received so far. I promise we do plan on sponsoring the club as soon as we can. as you can imagine we are very tight on $$ right now.

I will not be in the shop Sunday but my buddy will be there and anyone who knows him knows you will get a really good deal.

Thanks to the mods and sponsors for your patience. I know without the years of knowledge gleaned from the sponsors and members of the club we would not have had a chance.

Thats all i will say until i pony up my share :)