Buying a chiller, any suggestions?

Hog Head

I guess I am asking what would you do and does anyone have any brand/model preferences? My total volume is approximately 130 gallons. I am looking at the JBJ Arctica 1/10, 1/5 or 1/4 hp chillers. I will probably upgrade to a larger tank within the next two years and it will probably be 180-220 gallons. So, I am leaning toward the 1/4 hp model, but there is about a $250 difference ($450-700) between the 1/10 and the 1/4, so price might dictate having to buy a larger chiller down the road or maybe not. Anyone need a 1hp 14" Delta band saw?(whistle)

I am already having heat issues now. My tank is oly 18" tall, about 15 1/2" off of the sand. I run the light from 9am to 2pm and then from 5pm to 9 pm. Even with a broken cycle, the temp gets between 80-82 degrees. The light is hanging 12 1/2" above the water, which is really lighting up the living room.

I am already having heat issues now. My tank is oly 18" tall' date=' about 15 1/2" off of the sand. I run the light from 9am to 2pm and then from 5pm to 9 pm. Even with a broken cycle, the temp gets between 80-82 degrees. The light is hanging 12 1/2" above the water, which is really lighting up the living room.[/quote']

do you use submersible pumps?

Yes a Marineland 1800 utility for my skimmer supply and a Marineland 5500 utility pump for my return. I have an Iwaki MD-40RXT I was going to use but my wife was against any drilling.

when i had my 120g, i ran two submersible pumps and had heat issues too. so i put one on the outside and added 2 6" fans blowing on my bulbs. that keeps it cool.