Vortech owners

fishmanmike01

If your budget allows, I would get the 40-it always seems that people upgrade their tanks and if you do you are set.

I have a 75 gallon 4 feet long-I ordered 1 MP 20 and then realized I wanted/needed a second.

I think even if I would have got a 40 at first, I would have wanted a second-that's me, I like the PH's at each end, it gives "everybody" great flow.

Some of my SPS like high flow so I can place them at both ends and not just the end that has the "highest flow"

With the 40 you can always turn it down, which in a 3 foot tank, I bet you'd run at 40% of max

With my 20's I have, they are running at about 85% of max on the reef crest mode.

Sweet units!!

I am wanting to jump on this group buy for the vortechs and am wondering what size I would require. My tank is 36x18x26 .Do you think should throw in a 40 or would I only require a 20? I am eager to hear your opinions. Thanks

I have the same tank and a MP20 is fine, but I do run a closed loop as well.

JME

The other thing is mp40s at 50% will probably make hardly a sound as compared to MP 20s cranked up. Im just guessing though. I would go bigger just to be safe for Upgrade Tankitis.

MP 40s are 3" diameter and stick 2-1/4" outside and inside the tank if that matters, Byrd you have dimensions on the MP20s?

I have the same tank and a MP20 is fine, but I do run a closed loop as well.

JME

I agree a single MP20 will work fine-If you will never upgrade to a larger tank than the 20 has you covered-The "never upgrade" part now thats funny

The other thing is mp40s at 50% will probably make hardly a sound as compared to MP 20s cranked up. Im just guessing though. I would go bigger just to be safe for Upgrade Tankitis.

MP 40s are 3" diameter and stick 2-1/4" outside and inside the tank if that matters, Byrd you have dimensions on the MP20s?

The MP20 is about the same-When mine are running at 100%-I cant hear them at all-not saying it is 100% silent-I just cant hear it-these things whisper.

The 6 inch fan in my light fixture makes more noise and its no louder than a computer fan