Moonlight

reef165

Moonlight  

1. 1.

• I use a moonlight
    • I dont use a moonlight

I use blue LED's and a bunch of them..(plotting)..well I used to anyway, I had 6 LED's over my 36g:eek:. They were dang near as bright as actinic's(scratch). Now I have the 2 that came built onto my light but I want to add 4 more.DOH! What can I say I'm hooked on the glow(crazy)

Guest kiaya611

I had them before on my 180 and my 75 a number of years ago. I loved the look. I just bought a new unit for my new 75 and I like it, it has 24 blue LEDs. but the lights put "beams" of light down on the reef vs. the ones I used to have that lit up the tank in a more general (and more "natural" look). I might look at another manufacturer for something that spreads the light more evenly.

I can see that it would help the fish not jump out, it gives them the ability to see the top of the water so they don't think there 20 feet down and swim like crazy and end up carpet gerkey.

What I am wanting to know really is what people are using, whare ya get it, and posably a part # or name. I want to add one to my tank, I used to have a PFO moonlight on my 165 and it was so nice one little LED light my whole tank. But $75 for a moonlight is not doable for me at this time and I know people are using blue lights they can get at computer store's and such and was wondering whaare and what, and what they look like being used and a strait pic of the light it's self.

Thanks, Ed

I love the moonlit look. Over my tank there are 5 LED blue's.

amazing how much things look different at night.

I would be careful about using too much light...unless you had it on a true moon cycle.

I recently experimented with a black light I had left over from my daughters party. Very strange look to it...the weirdest part was that the water looked milky.